computer requirements

Thread: computer requirements

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default computer requirements

I am looking at upgrading the pc to handle the tool pathing better and quicker . I currently have a i5 3.4 ghz 8gb 64bit windows 7 with no video card , it is way too slow if I make the tolerance in madcam at 0.001mm .

I think part of the problem is the step over sizes I use to get the finish needed .... usually in the range of 0.02mm step over with a 0.1mm cutter and up to 3 million lines of code

any suggestions?

thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: computer requirements

I would suggest writing RhinoScripts to automate your madCAM toolpath generation.

I also have very long finishing passes but I've automated the whole madCAM process including saving the g-code file when madCAM is finished. My files typically take 40 minutes or longer to finish but they run unattended.

I learned about scripting madCAM from this video:

Community Moderator
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: computer requirements

Buy an i7 processor and buy that video card. It will make a good difference.
    My initial thought though, is why do you generate paths with 0.001 tolerance and 0,02 steps? Do you create nano tube molds?!