5 Axis Indexed angle omission bug?

Thread: 5 Axis Indexed angle omission bug?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 5 Axis Indexed angle omission bug?

I'm still using version 5 of MadCam and have just noticed some strange behavior. When doing 5 axis indexed toolpaths, if the last toolpath before a tool change has the same 4th axis value as the next toolpath, it will not be output in the GCode.

Specific example:
    I'm cutting with a tool and the 4th axis is at 45 degrees

I do a tool change (which rotates the 4th axis back to 0 degrees)

The next toolpath with the new tool is also set so that the 4th axis is at 45 degrees

The post processed code will update X, Y, Z and C but will not output B (my 4th axis)

If the toolpaths have different 4th axis angles, everything is fine and it will output X, Y, Z, B and C

I'm assuming there is something in the code that prevents outputting values if they are the same as previous so the code is as compact as possible but this shouldn't be the case after a tool change and I've nearly crashed my machine twice due to this. There's nothing quite like having a 3,000 lb Z axis come 1/8" away from smashing a nearly finished work piece because the spindle was tuned sideways

Has anyone else ever seen this behavior? Is there a way to force output of all axis values to work around this?