CNC Vacuum bed query...level issue - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CNC Vacuum bed query...level issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Vacuum bed query...level issue

Groove will be 1mm deep 5mm wide, to match the 4 outer border zones of vacuum, purpose is to seal but not crush the rubber piping I have that will be pushed into outer borders grooves in my rubber bed...the mdf will also be screwed down to stop movement with no vacuum. I will log the pressure gauge with and without surfacing on the 16mm mdf spoil board, but I don't believe that will be a very accurate way to determine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Vacuum bed query...level issue

I have to say that I think such a groove will be unnecessary.The only times I have used a small rubber gasket on a CNC machine were to recess into the top of the spoilboard to seal a fairly small item to the machine.It is normally sufficient to just fix the spoilboard to a clean,dust free surface.The usual vacuum systems are high flow, moderate vacuum, pumps which can easily accommodate quite a bit of leakage and which will easily hold a sheet in place without applying anything close to a full vacuum.The type of vacuum system normally used for gluing tends to be of the moderate flow,high vacuum variety and they rely on a good seal.I doubt you will do any harm by adding grooves but it is adding work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123