I give up I think???

Thread: I give up I think???

wisconsinjimmy

Default I give up I think???

I have finished assembling the EZ Board and have completed all required tests per the instructions and the X and Z Axis work fine but the Y does nothing the motor acts as if there is no current to it, I have moved Y Axis to a known connector and it still does not turn on. Could I have blown the motor when I hooked the polarity wrong? I have tested all the wires from the motor to the junction blocks and that tests out just fine.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I give up I think???

Possibly a bad motor, but rule out that possibility by hooking the suspect motor to another axis. If it works I'd think the cable is the only other possibility. To be sure I'd also connect a x or z motor to the y driver to rule out the driver/board being an issue also. The stepper motor would be the last I'd normally suspect. They are pretty dependable normally unless a wire or connection has broken at the motor itself.

wisconsinjimmy

Default Re: I give up I think???

I messed up sorry, I purchased a new HobbyCnc EZ Board (kit) and following the instructions to a T, did all the required tests per instructions turned on the power and the Mach3 software. X and Z axis worked Y axis did not work so thinking it is the Y motor I swapped it with the X axis, I put the Y motor on the X and the X on the Y and the suspected bad motor works. The known good motor which I put onto the Y axis did not work.
    I have tested all the wires and they are all good, I also went back over the board solder joints and touched up any that were a bit suspicious. I have no idea how to test a driver chip.