Any ideas on what could be wrong?? Nakamura Tome TMC-15 chucking issue

Thread: Any ideas on what could be wrong?? Nakamura Tome TMC-15 chucking issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Any ideas on what could be wrong?? Nakamura Tome TMC-15 chucking issue

We have a Nakamura Tome TMC-15 lathe with Fanuc O-T control. Ran it all day with no problems. Next day I came in and the spindle wouldn't turn on. It thinks the chuck is open whens its closed, and closed when its open. The chucking clamp switch is in the O.D. position and the proxy switches are all where they need to be. I have checked everything and cant figure our what's going on. Could a proxy switch be bad and it cause this issue? The little indicator light works for both proxy switches but I don't know if that means its working properly or just that is has power to it. I have checked the parameters and nothing seems to be wrong. I'm stumped and the people I normally call to help don't seem to know what's going on either. This is my last effort before I just call a tech and have them come check it out. Thanks!