Looking for a programming service

Thread: Looking for a programming service

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for a programming service

Pardon me if I put this in the wrong forum. I'm looking for someone I can send a part to and have it 3D scanned or a cad file produced and then have a program written to cut it on a 3 axis milling center. I don't have the time right now to sit and learn a program to do this myself. Is there anyone here that knows of someone who could help with this?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for a programming service

Quote Originally Posted by mark029 View Post
    Pardon me if I put this in the wrong forum. I'm looking for someone I can send a part to and have it 3D scanned or a cad file produced and then have a program written to cut it on a 3 axis milling center. I don't have the time right now to sit and learn a program to do this myself. Is there anyone here that knows of someone who could help with this?
    Good evening,

I'm definitely capable and willing to help you out! Please email me at elevatedmfgllc@gmail.com to discuss your needs.

Thank you,
    Lee

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, that didn't work out for whatever reason? Is there anyone else here or know of a service that writes programs or will edit an existing program?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sure, there are many of us who can do this, What do you have and what is the budget?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a program that's been written to cut an oring profile in two passes. Using a 1/16 end mill to cut a 3/32 slot. I want to change this to cut it in one pass. there's also three more orings on the same surface but I Can't remember right off if they're the same size or not. The file format is file .mcam.

Downloads
    Uploads

question, please post version of mcam the file and the file in iges.
    This may be easy for someone.
    I wouldn't go one pass with the tiny cutter unless
    you are cutting marshmallows. what material?
    I have to get back to work, programming now.
    The BOSS need it done

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cutting cast aluminum. I didn't mean take the whole cut at once. I just meant to make the cut in one path instead of cutting one path to depth and then stepping over to take the rest of it in another cut. the file type just say .mcam. I have master camm 9 and it doesn't open it. I'll have to find out what the fil format is from the guy that wrote it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can pm me the information and I'll be happy to help. Oring grooves are very straight forward.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by biqut2 View Post
    You can pm me the information and I'll be happy to help. Oring grooves are very straight forward.
    We'll, I sent you two so far but it doesn't look like they're making it to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

If the only change you need is to keep the tool engaged rather than lifting then plunging down again, and if you already have the Gcode out for the two cuts, you could probably splice them together into a single cut/file with a text editor.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    If the only change you need is to keep the tool engaged rather than lifting then plunging down again, and if you already have the Gcode out for the two cuts, you could probably splice them together into a single cut/file with a text editor.
    Best way I can explain it is that it's cutting to the right of the tool path centerline on one cut and to the left on the other. I'm still new a this so I may be wrong thinking this. I've gotten the program edited at this point though.