Boring bar that can clean up a half inch deep 90 degree counter sink?

Thread: Boring bar that can clean up a half inch deep 90 degree counter sink?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Boring bar that can clean up a half inch deep 90 degree counter sink?

I'm working on a haas cnc lathe and I need to put a huge counter sink in the end of this part I'm working on, I can drill it with a 90 degree counter sink but I'd really like to clean it up afterwards. The major diameter of the counter sink is 1.13 inches and it is going down to a .172 hole. That is .479 deep. I tried using a boring bar we had but the holder was rubbing against my work piece. I'm new to the lathe and not familiar with the proper tooling techniques. Can anyone steer me in the direction of the right tool for this job?

Thanks you.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Boring bar that can clean up a half inch deep 90 degree counter sink?

A boring bar is used for straight holes. If you want to make a conical one without using a countersink tool, you can do that with a regular tool set in the compound at a 45 degree angle.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]