Mach3, ESS, & Spindle Motor Tuning

Thread: Mach3, ESS, & Spindle Motor Tuning

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3, ESS, & Spindle Motor Tuning

I try to fine tune the RPM in my new VFD / Water cooled spindle and I don’t understand the relationship between the spindle RPM and the parameters in the Spindle Motor tuning window (steps per, Velocity and Acceleration). I know there is a connection among these parameters because when I change them the Acceleration/Deceleration in the spindle change.

I have set the steps/per to 1000 and the Acceleration to 1 and they say to change only the 1000 value until the spindle sound good. However others say the Spindle Motor tuning window has no effect on the spindle.

Can anyone give me a hint how the above are related?

Similar Threads:
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3, ESS, & Spindle Motor Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    I have set the steps/per to 1000 and the Acceleration to 1 and they say to change only the 1000 value until the spindle sound good. However others say the Spindle Motor tuning window has no effect on the spindle.

Can anyone give me a hint how the above are related?
    There is NO connection

They are correct, that is just arbitrary numbers, and have no effect on how the spindle runs

The only thing that controls your spindle is your VFD Drive, from the control the PWM to Analog 0-10v plus the 0n / 0ff Relay connection

If you disconnected the 0-10v and the Relay connection, the VFD Drive is the only part that controls your Spindle, which would then be from the KeyPad which will run it at the correct speed

The only adjustment you can try to get right from your control is the accuracy of the 0-10v output if this is 0ff then your speed will be 0ff as well

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3, ESS, & Spindle Motor Tuning

Thank you mastec54, the spindle works well enough thanks to you. I only try to see if I can get it any better so I can learn. I will measure the 0-10v and see if I can adjust it.

Nicolas