Need Help! problem after changing PC's

Thread: problem after changing PC's

Downloads
    Uploads

Default problem after changing PC's

I had to change my PC because of some issues with the monitor output , it was just easier and buying a refurbished PC on ebay with Windows 7 and 1 yr warranty is less than $75 so i did just that. The problem is now i get nothing from the motors? I use RS485 to control the spindle and that is working but nothing on the X Y A or Z axis, the newer_sh PC is running Windows 7 Pro. and I am not sure if that is the problem I have made the change in Ports and Pins as far as the parallel port goes and after that did'nt work I installed the Startech PCI board from another old PC thinking that was the problem and after changing to that Parallel port settings I do not get a green light on the C-10 BoB but if I change back to the Parallel port that came on the new PC the green and red light come on. So now i am pretty sure the onboard PP card is working. Keep in mind it all worked before changing PC 's and with the old PC I was using UC100 and C-10 for some reason I can't remember. So now I have this PC and a C-10 BoB without the UC100 that seems to be working but nothing coming out if the motors? I know I am missing something small and simple but my brain is dead thinking about it. Please let me know what it is I am missing and do I need the UC100, I don't think that works so well so I left it out .

Thanks

Pat

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: problem after changing PC's

It needs to be a 32 bit version of Windows 7 to use the parallel port. It it's 64 bit, it won't work, unless you use the UC100.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: problem after changing PC's

thanks Gerry, I just looked and it is a 64 bit, crap!! i just ordered a copy of 32 bit W7 software and I will give that a try. the whole reason for changing the PC is because after installing the UC100 every time I ran a G-code for a 3D model the CNC would freeze around line 3500 or so (varied) leaving the spindle running without anyway to control it short of the 220V cutoff switch, and it all started because the old PC had a bad parallel port so I though I was being smart (lol) anyway, thanks again