New Machine Build Issue with A-axis on Chinese Workbee Stb5100

Thread: Issue with A-axis on Chinese Workbee Stb5100

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issue with A-axis on Chinese Workbee Stb5100

Just built a Workbee 1x1m and tried motor movement. Having an issue that A-axis is making loud rattling noise like GRRR. You would hear such noise if you would drag a lead screw perpendicular across a metal edge.

System is Win10 Laptop hooked via usb motion controller Stb5100 running Motor Driver Board TB6600.
    For this I realize I need to have a manufacturer usb driver but it was not supplied. I am using a usbmach.dll I found online.
    X and Z axis motors are turning normal and moving the head. When I try to jog in Y direction A-axis (screw) is not rotating but rather oscillating turning clockwise/counterclockwise and making a loud noise. Y-axis and A-axis motors are a twin pair supporting Y dir movement of gentry. When I disconnect A-axis motor, Y-axis motor and movement works fine.
    I have made A be slave to Y. Other than non original usb driver and maybe incorrect Mach3 setup I am not sure what could be an issue here. A axis is coupled well to lead screw, and screw is moving freely when machine is powered down.

Wondering if anybody came across anything similar?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issue with A-axis on Chinese Workbee Stb5100

Try disconnecting the Y and A axis steppers from the ball Screws ( lead screws?) and observe how they behave. Do they turn in the correct directions and run at the same speeds?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issue with A-axis on Chinese Workbee Stb5100

Quote Originally Posted by Workbee1x1 View Post
    Just built a Workbee 1x1m and tried motor movement. Having an issue that A-axis is making loud rattling noise like GRRR. You would hear such noise if you would drag a lead screw perpendicular across a metal edge.

System is Win10 Laptop hooked via usb motion controller Stb5100 running Motor Driver Board TB6600.
    For this I realize I need to have a manufacturer usb driver but it was not supplied. I am using a usbmach.dll I found online.
    X and Z axis motors are turning normal and moving the head. When I try to jog in Y direction A-axis (screw) is not rotating but rather oscillating turning clockwise/counterclockwise and making a loud noise. Y-axis and A-axis motors are a twin pair supporting Y dir movement of gentry. When I disconnect A-axis motor, Y-axis motor and movement works fine.
    I have made A be slave to Y. Other than non original usb driver and maybe incorrect Mach3 setup I am not sure what could be an issue here. A axis is coupled well to lead screw, and screw is moving freely when machine is powered down.

Wondering if anybody came across anything similar?
    Hi, I have bulit Chinese Workbee 1500mm x 1500mm, with same STB5100 controller and TB6600 driver board. But I can't set slave axis ( A to be slave to Y) in Mach3. I can move them independently, but slave axis option doesn't work. I use BL-UsbMach.dll plugin, that came with machine. I tried with usbmach.dll also but i think it is the same plugin. What version of Mach3 are you using? Can you send me ports & pins settings for Motor Outputs and Input Signals? I know that this is not answer to your question but I can't find any other solution. Thanks.