Problem huanyang gt-series upgrade?

Thread: huanyang gt-series upgrade?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default huanyang gt-series upgrade?

after already changing the invert-er one time because it failed, again i need to replace or repair it. Because it is still under warranty it was replaced with the "GT" model? So after installing it i opened the manual to program it only to find it is completely different than the previous 2 Inverters from Huanyang. Now it seems i am missing something because on the other units all I did was plugin the RS485 and connect the wires then run the script into Mach3 and it worked, Not so much now, it's not working and i can't figure out what i'm missing. Is there another plugin for mach3 ? i looked and I think maybe i am searching the wrong way . If I press the ON switch the spindle starts and only runs to about 50 rpm "thats on the Huanyang DRO" and nothing, just on and off. I did what i Thought was right, referring to the older manual settings. I send emails to them but every one of them is a 2 day question...

anyway if anyone knows what I missed or any advise would be very nice

Thank You

by the way,

it's all running on a windows 7 bare bone machine and mach 3 with this Invert-er and 2.2 kw 220V spindle

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: huanyang gt-series upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by PJRU0304 View Post
    after already changing the invert-er one time because it failed, again i need to replace or repair it. Because it is still under warranty it was replaced with the "GT" model? So after installing it i opened the manual to program it only to find it is completely different than the previous 2 Inverters from Huanyang. Now it seems i am missing something because on the other units all I did was plugin the RS485 and connect the wires then run the script into Mach3 and it worked, Not so much now, it's not working and i can't figure out what i'm missing. Is there another plugin for mach3 ? i looked and I think maybe i am searching the wrong way . If I press the ON switch the spindle starts and only runs to about 50 rpm "thats on the Huanyang DRO" and nothing, just on and off. I did what i Thought was right, referring to the older manual settings. I send emails to them but every one of them is a 2 day question...

anyway if anyone knows what I missed or any advise would be very nice

Thank You

by the way,

it's all running on a windows 7 bare bone machine and mach 3 with this Invert-er and 2.2 kw 220V spindle
    If it is running at 50 RPM then don't turn it on again until it is correctly programed or you will have another one that will be damaged

The GT is a completely different VF Drive, what size is the spindle and what size is the VFD Drive

Spindle spec's

Drive spec's

Your RS485 connection is only for controlling the spindle speed Etc, that is not needed to get the VFD setup and running

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Now it seems i am missing something because on the other units all I did was plugin the RS485 and connect the wires then run the script into Mach3 and it worked, Not so much now, it's not working and i can't figure out what i'm missing
    The HY series use a non standard modbus implementation, which is why some users wrote plugins for Mach3 and UCCNC for them.
    The GT series implementation is likely different. If it uses standard Modbus, then you can use the modbus plugin.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you I did change all the parameters that needed to change before trying spindle, I was given instructions from Huanyang, i did go over everything last night and found something i am going to try, i found that this drive must support more than 1 motor? because in the settings i needed to select between A1 / B1 or both and i also needed to change the setting for the one i choose and then in * P0-07 * is a frequency command source setting and I need to select the right source here for the RS 485 and I hope it works, i will let you know, thanks again, and by the way I did get a response from Huanyang , they send me a video on how to fix it but it was the wrong model, go figure. but in there defense they do respond every time it just takes 24 - 48 hrs.
    Huanyang said this is a very different type of drive and it's more stable so we will see

Also Spindle is a 2.2KW 220V 8.5A from Huanyang
    and the drive is GT011G4

Pat

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PJRU0304 View Post
    thank you I did change all the parameters that needed to change before trying spindle, I was given instructions from Huanyang, i did go over everything last night and found something i am going to try, i found that this drive must support more than 1 motor? because in the settings i needed to select between A1 / B1 or both and i also needed to change the setting for the one i choose and then in * P0-07 * is a frequency command source setting and I need to select the right source here for the RS 485 and I hope it works, i will let you know, thanks again, and by the way I did get a response from Huanyang , they send me a video on how to fix it but it was the wrong model, go figure. but in there defense they do respond every time it just takes 24 - 48 hrs.
    Huanyang said this is a very different type of drive and it's more stable so we will see

Also Spindle is a 2.2KW 220V 8.5A from Huanyang
    and the drive is GT011G4

Pat
    It seems you are getting yourself in a mess

If you have set anything else other than what is in this list, then you will need to do a Parameter ReSet

Mactec54
    400Hz 220v 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle Settings

P0.00=1

P0.01=0

P0.02=3

P0.03=400

P0.04=400

P0.05=120 ( 100 Minimum )

P0.06=400

P0.11=8 ( adjustable Acceleration )

P0.12=8 ( adjustable Deceleration )

P0.14= 6 ( 6 to 8 )

P0.17= ( 1 to Restore Factory Defaults ) ( 2 clears all Faults )

P1.01=10

P1.02=0

P2.01=2.2 ( Motor Kw Rating )
    P2.02=400
    P2.03=24000
    P2.04=220
    P2.05=8.5

P7.14= ?? ( VFD Rated KW )

P7.15= ?? ( VFD Rated output Amps )

Once these Parameters are set, you can then do a Autotune, you set Parameter P016=1 and Press Run, ( The Spindle Must Be Clear To Run )

For main wiring connect R Hot T Hot and Ground to the Ground Terminal, this is your connection for NA 240v single Phase

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you and I have already done this process and it works fine the problem is getting it to work though RS485 now it seems there is a problem within the plugin and I have been looking for one, so thanks for the help and I will let you know how I do.

Pat

Downloads
    Uploads

any idea where one might look for such a implement?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not aware of any plugins for GT VFD's.

You'll need to use the Modbus plugin.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you using Mach3?
    You posted in the UCCNC forum.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

you are right i am sorry i will move it over to the right place, i did mention in my posts that i use mach3 i'm sure but i am sorry for the screw up,

Downloads
    Uploads

I complied a plugin for the GT series for UCCNC, as Gerry already pointed out it uses a standard Modbus protocol. Just a heads up, setting the parameter in GT series for frequency to be controlled with Modbus didn't work, setting the parameter to keyboard and writing to that parameter did the trick.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I have a 3.5KW 220 18000 RPM 12 Amps VFD I Change parameters P0.03,04.06 for 300 also P2.02 for 300, P2.01 =3.5, P2.03=18000, P2.05=12 , my aim is to control this vfd using Uccnc software with UC400ETH motion controler using the modbus plugin, I have set vthe comm parameters to 19200 baud, data bits 1, stop bits 1, parity even. also set P0.07= 7. Is there more parameters to set . See tes using Qmodbus
    sending : 01 03 10 00 01 start address 4096 1
    receiving : 01 03 02 00 00 B8 44
    VFD is not working (turning)
    Thank you in advance for your help

Downloads
    Uploads

What I used to de-bug and run the Huanyang modbus PGM was to use a stand alone COM port PGM such as RS232 Monitoring Software, RS232 Monitoring Hardware and RS232 Terminal Software this pgm will calculate the check sum value also.
    I got a great deal of help from Sebastien who wrote the plug in for Mach3.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Can my post Nu"12 be read by Mactec54.Best regards