Need Help!! - Mach3 loses connection to USB as soon as I power up the machine

Thread: Need Help!! - Mach3 loses connection to USB as soon as I power up the machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help!! - Mach3 loses connection to USB as soon as I power up the machine

Hello,

I recently have purchased a 6040Z-S80 machine and after some troubles I have some succesful milling.

Today after some days not using the machine, I connected it again and suddenly the machine don't work properly.

As soon I power up the machine, the Mach3 software says that we have lost the connection with the USB, the Mach3 freezes and when I unplug the USB cable the software is recovered.

If I try to run the Mach3 with the machine alreay powered, then the software don't work.

If the machine isn't powered the Mach3 says that the USB is connected, again if I power up the machine again the connection is lost. Sometimes I can jogging once or twice time the motors, then the Mach3 freezes again.

I'm really newbie with all this world of the CNC machinies, but I'm a bit desperate with this.

Looking forward for your answer.

Thanks in advance and Best Regards

Pedro Bibiloni

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help!! - Mach3 loses connection to USB as soon as I power up the machine

Did whoever sold you this machine tell you it would work on a USB connection? The person selling this one: https://www.amazon.com/6040Z-S80-Eng.../dp/B071ZPVYRN says it needs a parallel port. If yours is different, what does the seller say you need to do to make it work?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help!! - Mach3 loses connection to USB as soon as I power up the machine

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Did whoever sold you this machine tell you it would work on a USB connection? The person selling this one: https://www.amazon.com/6040Z-S80-Eng.../dp/B071ZPVYRN says it needs a parallel port. If yours is different, what does the seller say you need to do to make it work?
    Thanks Awerby for your answer, but I'm not completely sure to understand you...

Of course it works under USB connection, in fact if you read again, I said I made some milling before, but suddenly stops working and give me these fails.

I have also asked to the seller, but I'm pretty sure that here are a lot of people who knows a lot about these machines, then I have asked as well.

The most strange thing is that it have worked previously

:-(

Anyway, thanks...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pedrobibi2 View Post
    Thanks Awerby for your answer, but I'm not completely sure to understand you...

Of course it works under USB connection, in fact if you read again, I said I made some milling before, but suddenly stops working and give me these fails.

I have also asked to the seller, but I'm pretty sure that here are a lot of people who knows a lot about these machines, then I have asked as well.

The most strange thing is that it have worked previously

:-(

Anyway, thanks...
    Check the USB cable that it is shielded and has ferrite cores on it like snip this may help with noise

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need Help!! - Mach3 loses connection to USB as soon as I power up the machine-usb-cable-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Try switching the USB cable for another one, otherwise perhaps look at grounding the machine frame:
    - get a bit of reasonably meaty wire (I used the earth wire out of a bit of 2+1 house mains wire),
    - strip the insulation for about an inch off the end,
    - undo one of the frame bolts, wrap the bare wire around it and twist to make like a noose, reinstall the bolt,
    - realise the wire will get in the way of the carriage moving, pick another bolt and do it again ,
    - do the same on the other end, this time to the case of your control box. Hopefully there's a bolt there already with all the ground wires going to it, if so, that's where you add this one.

Fixed a very similar issue for me.