New Machine Build Slave axis is not synchronized with master

Thread: Slave axis is not synchronized with master

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Slave axis is not synchronized with master

Hi guys,
    today i started with calibration of my stepper motors in Mach3 (settings->set steps per unit). Axis X and Z are setup correctly, but i have problem with Y axis where i have slave A motor. Master is also setup correctly - for example, when i set up 500mm in Mach3 then master stops at this distance, but slave stops at 495 distance (there is a direct correlation - Master 200mm -> Slave 198mm (i do not write decimal numbers, just example). Also i tried set steps for axis A, with same way as for previous axises, but without any change (i thing that mach3 count with information from master). Also i tried sherline mode - no change. If somebody had same problem and solved it, pleas help

stepper motor driver - dq542ma (OFF|ON|OFF|OFF|OFF|OFF|ON|ON)
    stepper motor - Wantai Nema 23 Stepper Motor Dual shaft 425oz-in

thank you

Antra

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Slave axis is not synchronized with master

Do both your slaved drivers have the same microstep settings and do both axis setups have exact same steps per?

Calibrating individually is where you're going wrong I believe. Infact calibrating all together is a bad way to setup your steps per anyway. Use the steps per formulae and a calculator and enter all the decimal places into both of the slaved axis steps per settings. This will get you witin a decimal place of zero. Any fine tuning can be worked out with a calculator also but do multiple tests before adjusting and work of an average of results.

Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Antract1,
    Check also your power supply, if there is any possibility not enough power to run both motor Y and A at the same time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys,
    problem soved:
    1,each stepper motor driver were connect different power supply (biggist fail :/)
    2,i grew power
    3,though all drivers are same, one of them is different (built in different time, maybe different firmware) -> i used it for axis X
    4,tighten couplings to the stepper motor (little bit more)

i dont know which of these steps helped, but i am happy

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello fellow CNC'er's,
    I'm having a similar problem. Here's my setup. Mach3, DMM Dyn4 Servo Drives and DMM AC 1.3 kw Servo motors driving a gantry (Y and A Axis slaved), using 25 mm ballscrews with 10mm pitch.
    Mach3 Motor Tuning
    Y & A Axis: Steps per 6719.135855 Velocity: 64.98 in/min. Acceleration: 100 in/sec (this is what I started with)
    Mach3 motor outputs.
    X Axis Step2, Dir3
    Y Axis Step4, Dir5
    Z Axis Step6, Dir7
    A Axis Step8, Dir9
    X,Y, Z, A Axis all enabled.

When I have the Y & A Axis slaved and do a move Y3.0, the Y axis moves 3.0, the A Axis moves 4.0.
    I did the Mach3 Axis calibration on the Y & A Axis individually with it not slaved. Y axis was dead on. A axis was 25% over. I accepted calibration, but it didn't seem to change.
    I just tried swapping the motor and encoder cables from Y to A and the problem moved. I then unslaved the axis, repeated the calibration, accepted the steps per unit, and the A axis was dead on. I slaved the axes again and the the problem came back where the A axis over travels by 25%.
    I think I've eliminated a ball screw, coupler or motor issue since the problem moved, but don't know if it's a driver issue or a Mach3 issue.
    Any ideas?