Need Help! homing and limit problem ,need help

Thread: homing and limit problem ,need help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default homing and limit problem ,need help

I am setting up my home and limit switches and have some issues .Hopefully someone can help me.

To start heres my setup

I have 3 home switches (XYZ) and 2 limits (X,Y)

The 2 limits are wired in series (NC) and go to the first input of my G540 drive.

The 3 homes are also wired in series (NC) and going to input 2 of the g540

When i jog to each limit or home manually it triggers a estop in mach 3 so they do work but this comes to my first problem . I hit the reset to jog off the limit ,as soon as i start jogging it triggers the limit and estops again. I have to reset twice to get off the limit switch. Is there something in settings that automatically moves it off the limit switch when the limit is hit?How do i do this?

Next problem is with homing . When i press the ref all the Z doesnt move at all and goes right to the Y moving . It moves and hits the home switch but doesnt come off of it .Then The x moves and does the same thing and thats it . It also doesnt auto zero even when the auto zero in homing setup is clicked on . It goes past the zero pushing the home switch in more.

Does anyone know the problem and how i can fix it? Also why is the z not moving at all ? Is it ok to have all three home switches in series to one input pin ?

The way i have it hooked up to the G540 is "C" to input and NC to DC- . Also i have a shield/drain wire running to earth ground.

Thanks for the help.