Fanuc macro programming, interactive

Thread: Fanuc macro programming, interactive

Question Fanuc macro programming, interactive

hello
    I need to find out how to read operator input from keyboard in Auto mode and/or MDI mode when Is M00 or M01 called

I need to enter just a value and then assign it to any variable, but not in this manner:

> #500=1

it should be like something like that:

> 1

then
    I can assign it in the program later:
    #500=#1234789
    when is restarted from M00 stop.

do you know how to do it ?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc macro programming, interactive

Hello. I don't know what control you are running but on a HAAS I use an M109 to get user input from the control. Something like this:

#501=# 0
    M109 P501 (ENTER VALUE FOR #501)
    N1IF[#501 EQ #0]GOTO1
    IF[#501EQ##1] THEN #501=#1
    IF[#501EQ##2] THEN #501=#2
    IF[#501EQ##3] THEN #501=#3
    etc., etc., etc.,...

This piece of code puts the control in an endless loop until it gets the input that satisfies the condition, in this case #501 equal to anything but null. Farther down the program #501 is reassigned to some other value .The control will display the message in (), "ENTER A VALUE FOR #501" and then wait for input from the control. Now that you have the user input assigned to #501 you can reset #501 to anything you want in the program, ie. if #501=49 then #501=1234 or some other number or variable (49 is the numerical assignment for the number 1 entered from the keypad, if the operator input 1 from the keypad then #501 would be set to 1234).The drawback to this chunk of code is that it is very simple and will only take a single keyboard input (this could be any keystroke, not just numbers) so if you need a multi digit number input then you have to get much more sophisticated with the logic.

I have got machine in work with Fanuc which gets input such as y/n and code is visible to user so I will have to look at it, it might be useful in my case.
    However it seems to be not standard feature for Fanuc.
    You Asked, We Answered: Custom Macro B : Modern Machine Shop

Is there a way to get the machine to prompt the operator for an input?

This would be a helpful feature. You might have an application that requires the operator to answer a question prior to continuing. Unfortunately, there is no such feature in custom macro B, but there is a work-around. You can use the stop with message system variable (#3006) to stop the machine (just like M00) and place a message on the display screen. The message can tell the operators to enter a value into a given variable. The operator then presses the cycle start button to continue. Here’s an example:

#3006 = 110 (ENTER DIA IN #101)

When the control executes this command, it will stop the machine and place the message ENTER DIA IN #101 on the display screen. The operator must then call up the variable page and enter a diameter in common variable #101. Finally, the operator presses cycle start to have the machine continue. In the custom macro, it would be wise to test the value of the entered value for correctness prior to allowing the program to continue.

I think that at least at newer version of Fanuc (but in some older too probably) it is not necessary to go to parameter page to enter any data
    when calling M00 or #3006 = 110
    there is easier way
    I think it must be particular variable that it refers to this field,
    the field also is present in auto mode.

look at the bottom

A > _

when program is on hold then you can type there
    and should be possible to access it when program restarts
    because in my opinion it must be stored in any particular variable

however it might not work on all versions of Fanuc probably

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I want to use this also but I don't have a HAAS.
    If I use the M109 he keeps hanging in a loop.
    I want the program wait for an operator input and continue with the part depending the operators input.
    Does anyone know how to do that?
    We have a FANUC series 16i-MB

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you can use an unused offset as your variable. I've used this many times. That's what I use my extended work coordinates for. Like I wrote a facing program that looks to the G54.1P1 offsets for the sheet size stock thickness, desired thickness, and depth per pass. I've put pauses after and written for the machine to record what the thickness should currently be measuring back to another offset location so that I can check and make adjustments if necessary.