RS 232 hookups

Thread: RS 232 hookups

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RS 232 hookups

I have over 20 cncs that I work with and maintain.
    I have them all hooked up to my dnc server and have never had a problem till now.
    I have a mori tv30 with a Mits. 50m Jr,
    contoler.
    I have wired it and set the parameters as I have with all my other machines and cannot get thes controler to comunicate.Ive checked all the wires and have now gotten my laptop out checked it works with the other machines,it does,but it will not work on this machine.
    I have now gone right back to the board and made my conection there.Still no luck.
    What is the proceedure for OHMing out the board at the RS232 connection.
    I can see the program being sent from the machine when I do it but cannot recieve it so I wondering if I have a bad board?
    Any ideas as to my next move?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I would change the board out, they can go bad at will.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I'd .....

Throw the machine away.

Just kidding!!!
    I have seen a prob. like this before and as CNCadmin said in
    that instance it was a board.
    First I'd contact the individual I bought the machine from to
    get their take on the situation,Second i'd get the board checked.
    PEACE

Good call chief

Downloads
    Uploads

Got the machine used from a bankrupt Florida
    area so no one to talk to.
    The board is my next move.Big thing is that it is not a piggy back board buy the "mother" so I expect a big cos. Thank you both though.
    Throwing away is reserved for my "deadwoods"
    (daewoos)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried using an in-line RS-232 checker? The one that you plug in line between the cable and the machine. It has seven status lights on it and they cost about $7 at Radio Shack. I use one every time I'm making a new RS-232 connection and have been able to troubleshoot many problems ahead of time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have a leadwell with a Mitsubishi Meldas 50 controller and we had a real problem getting the comms working until we found that there are two page settings if I remember correctly. There is a setting page for in and a setting page for out and you have to use a different port for in than out if that makes sense. We use a free comms from Onecnc called nclink and that works fine on ours. It was a hell of a job getting it going until we found that out and I think we emailed them and was told about it. That was a year or more ago and it has worked ever since. Maybe that is some help

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you all.I got it to work finally.
    I used my new RS232 checker(thanks for the thought
    Estop)and found I wast getting a rst signal.
    I removed the board after checking my conections for the 30th time and found on the backside of the board someones butcher job. I have no idea as to why they were working there but who knows.Cleand uo their handy work and everything works good
    Thanks all.
    One small question Mits 50 jr has a wait to recieve of 30 secs max.Any ideas as to how to extend this?MAchine is about 150 feet from main computer and will time out before you can make the walk.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default You......

You da man E-stop

PEACE

Downloads
    Uploads

MAchine is about 150 feet from main computer and will time out before you can make the walk
    RUN!!!

Seriously, what DNC software? Something you can put a delay on the SEND function to give you time to get the machine ready?

Just a thought

'Rekd teh All computers wait at the same speed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Because I am using the software handshake the computer will send right away.Running is a good option employees hate it though.
    To load programes to machine procedure is get machine ready to recieve,RUN, and hit send from computer.
    I have just purchased from Ebay a DNC system that should eliminate this problem but have not had the time to figure it out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by 9566317
    Thank you all.I got it to work finally.
    I used my new RS232 checker(thanks for the thought
    Estop)and found I wast getting a rst signal.
    I removed the board after checking my conections for the 30th time and found on the backside of the board someones butcher job. I have no idea as to why they were working there but who knows.Cleand uo their handy work and everything works good
    Thanks all.
    One small question Mits 50 jr has a wait to recieve of 30 secs max.Any ideas as to how to extend this?MAchine is about 150 feet from main computer and will time out before you can make the walk.
    Check in your i/o par screen, perhaps parameter 9116Time out? I'm looking in my manual for a Meldas 50l/50g series

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

You are correct with the parameter being 9116 but the maximum number I can get it to accept is 30 seconds.I do not know if there is a overwtite for this parameter or not,getting to deep for me.
    Thank you though

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I see that 30 seconds is the max allowed. Have you tried calling in to tech support to see if there is a way around this?

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

yes I did and was told that they didnt know of anything and being older controler they probably will never have.Incentive to get DNC system going though.
    Just noticed your address I'm in winnipeg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try setting the time out to 0 and it will never time.

I have another Question on the Mits Meldas 50m. Has anyone had a problem with p460 error when you are drip feeding to the machine. I have used onecnc nclink and procomm which was suggested to me by Mits.

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by 9566317
    Running is a good option employees hate it though.
    How about buying them skate boards or roller blades???have you considered skooters? LOL
    Seriously now, I have been using Bobcad (yes besides Bobcad tech support job, I also have my own shop) and it works fine for me when I need to drip feed. I use a send time delay of 2000 miliseconds. There are 2 other options:
    One is to buy a really cheap old note book and have a small cable just for that pourpose. The second is to use a PALM PILOT and a RS232 program that works with it (I know where you can get such animal). I know many people that do it that way now. All you do is HOTSYNC the program on the PALM and take it to the machine, plug in the cable (many shops have a short pig tail cable made for each machine that hangs from the machie's serial port) and dump it in. Because you can use a short cable you can really bump uip the baud rate.
    Hope this helps,
    Sorin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi all
    I have a leadwell vmc 25 with a mits meldas 50m controller. I purchased it second hand. It has its own laptop and I use nclink to drip feed to it.
    It started getting p460 I/O ERROR every now and again. I changed the board rate from 9600 to 4800. This seemed to help although after about a month it started again. Now I cant get anything to work. It won't drip feed at all, same alarm all the time now

any idea's on which or what would be failing
    thanks
    Fred

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

P460 is caused by the PC not waiting for the NC to send a XON signal. i.e. Controlling data flow with timers.

An easy test is put the machine in single block hit Cycle Start and start the data send from the PC. The PC should start sending until the NC buffer is full and then stop and wait..forever. If the PC starts sending after awhile it is not waiting for an XON from the NC to tell it to send.

If you change your cable and communications settings to H/W flow it shouldn't happen.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Hello-help Leadwell Vmc 25

Hello

My Name Is Zavate Andu And I Working For Gibas Numeriek From Romania.
    I Found You Here On The Forum And I Hope You Will Help Me Because I Looked ,i Looked And No Result.

My Problem Is That During A Transport Of A Machine Somebody Lost The Box With The Books From The Machine.

So Now I Have Some Problems And I Cant Solve Them Because I Have No Book.

So What I Want From I Will Be So Greatfull To Make A Copy Of The Mechanical,electrical And Parameters Books And I Hope If You Are Not So Far From Me To Come And Take This(i Will Pay For This).
    But If You Are Far I Will Send You The Money And Then Send Me The Books Or Will See How We Will Do This But Please Help Me With The Books.

I Wait Your Answer As Soon As Possible.

You Are The Best Man If You Do This For Me.

Best Regards,

Ing.zavate Andu

I Fogat To Tell The Machine Is A Leadwell Vmc 25