Need Help! NUM 1040 , PC to CNC upload problem.

Thread: NUM 1040 , PC to CNC upload problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NUM 1040 , PC to CNC upload problem.

I connected a PC (windows XP) that has one integrated serial port on the motherboard to the serial port on a NUM 1040 CNC controller. I configured the CNC controller to 9600, even, 2 stop bits, RTS/CTS handshake and did the same on the PC. On the PC side I disabled FIFO.

I were able to successfully download a program from the NUM to the PC using dnc4u software. But I cannot upload a program from the PC to the NUM 1040 controller.

When I try to upload a program to the NUM , the PC seems to send the Program correctly but the NUM keeps waiting as if nothing happened. I created my db9 serial cable with 2-3, 3-2, 5-5, 7-8, 8-7 configuration and tested it with 2 PC's running the dnc4u program and they sucesfully communicated in both directions. So I assume my cable is correctly wired.

Any sugestions would be greatly apreciated.

Regards

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NUM 1040 , PC to CNC upload problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dasa1989 View Post
    I connected a PC (windows XP) that has one integrated serial port on the motherboard to the serial port on a NUM 1040 CNC controller. I configured the CNC controller to 9600, even, 2 stop bits, RTS/CTS handshake and did the same on the PC. On the PC side I disabled FIFO.

I were able to successfully download a program from the NUM to the PC using dnc4u software. But I cannot upload a program from the PC to the NUM 1040 controller.

When I try to upload a program to the NUM , the PC seems to send the Program correctly but the NUM keeps waiting as if nothing happened. I created my db9 serial cable with 2-3, 3-2, 5-5, 7-8, 8-7 configuration and tested it with 2 PC's running the dnc4u program and they sucesfully communicated in both directions. So I assume my cable is correctly wired.

Any sugestions would be greatly apreciated.

Regards
    hello

hola

yo tengo un NUM 1040 y funciono correctamente haciendo esa prueba solo que este dañado tu num alguna tarjeta

Downloads
    Uploads

More likely than not, the NUM control is waiting for the correct "leader" to begin saving data. Almost all CNCs will accept the exact same data that they SEND to the PC, so here's what we do with our PC-DNC Editor software when we're not sure what the CNC wants:

1) I'm not sure about Dnc4U, but our Editor has a "Terminal" screen that displays everything that comes in, even invisible characters like "Line Feed", "Carriage Return", and funny ASCII characters. If you open a Terminal windows in our Editor, then send a short file from the CNC to the PC, it might look something like this:

<NUL><NUL><NUL> (a bunch of NULs, or tape leader) ... % <LF> <CR>
    Your NC data here, with <LF> <CR> after each block
    %<NUL><NUL><NUL> (a bunch more NULs)

This kind of tells you that the CNC wants to see some tape leader, then a percent sign, then LF/CR before the actual program. Your DNC software should be able to send a "leader" like this. Our Editor can do it. If you want to use our Editor just for this Terminal feature, download it in demo mode from our web site at Suburban Machinery / Software Division Home Page. You'll need to use the "IO/Configure" menu to set the baudrate & stop-bits, then select "IO/Terminal window" to get the dumb terminal screen. Send it some data and see what you get. You should pay attention to both the "leader" at the beginning and the "trailer" at the end. You can then set the Editor to send any Leader or Trailer you want by going to the "IO/Configure/Advanced" screen.

Once you know what the NUM control wants, maybe you can set up the proper Leader and Trailer in your Dnc4U software.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan,

I saw you respond to this thread. I am also trying to assist someone with a machine (Cosmec Conquest 510) that uses a NUM PLC (this one is 1020). He purchased it via an auction and is trying to get it functioning. We haven't gotten to the point of sending full programs to the controller yet. We have been able to confirm that all the electronics (except a sensor that is currently being replaced) are working well. We haven't been able to get the machine to complete a full homing procedure. It begins the process and stalls after homing the Z axis with the message z axis reference cycle in progress. If you have a machine with a PLC, do you need to go through a calibration or configuration process before you able to home it? I built my own CNC, but I don't use a PLC (with 112 I/O) and I'm a little unfamiliar with the entire process. One thing I had to figure out by looking at the machine and many of the electrical components scattered throughout the machine is that the machine triggers a safety stop (watchdog) in one mode, but not another if any of doors are not completely shut. If you have any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.