Need Help! INDUSTRIAL CNC Brand - Mach 3

Thread: INDUSTRIAL CNC Brand - Mach 3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default INDUSTRIAL CNC Brand - Mach 3

Hello Everyone,

Firstly, Thank you for all the great posts, lots of very good information and trouble shooting on this site.

I am new to Mach 3, ...first time using this brand Industrial CNC - I am confident on the operator side, and mechanical maintenance side of CNCs, a bit weak on the programming? and communication (Mach to machine) side of CNCs

Machine Brand : Industrial CNC (Red machine, with the winged logo) with stepper motors
    Mach 3

Issues:
    1) During jogging - machine will intermittently stop jogging while being commanded to travel in Y axis. Once jogging stops, the only way to get the Y axis motors to respond is to jog back and forth in Z axis or X axis. Sometimes when Y axis stops, the only way to continue traveling in Y axis, is to simultaneously travel in X an Y. Once the machine starts to jog on both axis, if you let go of X axis, Y axis travel will stop. Then, the back and forth thing to get Y axis to respond.

2) Mach 3 - During Jogging in Y axis, Mach 3 will continue to show that the machine is still traveling in Y axis. Thus, creating issues, like loosing the physical "home" location on the machine that was just located.

3) Mach 3 is new, and properly installed. Mach 3 Support is great, and their videos are very good, and i feel confident that Mach 3 is functioning properly. and Yes I have a licensed Mach 3 version.

4) I have triple checked the Ports and Pins in Mach 3 for the set up of the Industrial CNC brand machine. But I am trying to contact the company help me double check the Ports and Pins.

5) Related issue to Y axis problem ??? - I can Load a program in Mach 3, and run the program. Typically the program will run through simple files, few lines of Gcode the better. Occasionally the machine will lose its location in the Y axis, and thus, lose the "home" location. and ... yea... same ol.

So I am definitely stuck, and could use some help. Anyone?

Also, the machine manufacturerer had a .XML file that has to be dropped into the C drive/ Mach3 folder. I noticed that there are quite a few of that type of files that are apart of Mach 3 ... can one of those XML files be used instead of the Industrial CNC XML file??? I am kind of assuming that is not realistic, or for a very advanced user...?

Thanks very much,