New Wizard - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Wizard

Downloads
    Uploads

OK Fatboy.....that sounds funny. I redownloaded the file from the forum just to make sure it had not been corrupted or something. It ran fine on my machine. So.....let me state first off that those buttons will not change state due to the way I created the screen. They are only "Hotspots" per se. According to you the "save" and "exit" buttons do what they are supposed to but not the "Post" button. The "Post" button does only one thing, It calls the Macro which generates the code. If it is not doing anything then it is because the macro is not in the proper folder. or not present at all. On a standard setup of Mach the default mill profile is called Mach3Mill. But if you are running a custom profile then it may have a different name. You must place the "M700.m1s" in the correct folder under Macros in order for it to get called. If you are using a custom profile such as "IMach" then the macro would need to be in the macro folder of the same name. Please see the accompaning Screenshot. I am sure that is the problem you are experiencing. Let me know if this doesn't resolve it.
    Andy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Wizard-macro-folder-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default No Cigar!!!

Let me know if this doesn't resolve it.

Andy,
    Thanks for the quick reply, I came straight out to the shop and triple checked the files location, they are exactly as instructed. Still the code does not post.
    I even placed a copy of the 700 file in the .XML folder for my profile...nada.
    Rebooted computer....nada.

All other wizards work fine. I wish that I could get yours going I really like the layout. Also I tried the latest version with the spindle speed.

Thanks,
    Fatboy

Downloads
    Uploads

Try placing a copy of the macro in every folder under \macros.

If you right click on the desktop icon, and go to properties, what does it have in the "target" box? Can you copy and paste it here?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Gerry, I was just going to suggest that!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default One Problem Solved...

Andy and Gerry,
    Placing the 700 file in all the folders fixed the post code problem...but I now have the same problem detailed in my initial post with the generated code including the graphic of the inside or outside button.

Here's the code files: (Had to add .txt to upload them.)

Thanks,
    Fatboy
    Been working with CNC since Jan...but fairly computer savy, not a wiz or programmer however.

BTW: Thanks for the help!!!

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Fatboy; 03-28-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Add text

Downloads
    Uploads

I guess I'm a little confused. Are you claiming that you select a different type of path ( such as the "Pocket") but it generates code for the "Inside" circle routine instead?
    You will need to be a little clearer for me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Some Observations...

Ok, I've been looking at the generated code and see the G03 and G02 which coincide with the display. For some reason this is being inserted into the wizard post.

Like I said, I'm not a programmer (CNC or otherwise) but I have nothing but time and love a good challenge. Being self taught has it's drawbacks but I'm not able to attend any kind of formal training, the internet and forums like this one are the basis of my knowledge of the subject at hand. Youtube helps a lot too.

I'm going to remove the G03 lines and check the result.
    Thank you all for the opportunity to participate.
    Fatboy

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you possibly referring to the leadins and leadouts? They are supposed to be there. I don't know what you mean by the "graphics". Exactly what kind of output are you expecting? I have run each of the different toolpath types and they do exactly what they should. Huh

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Shinosky View Post
    I guess I'm a little confused. Are you claiming that you select a different type of path ( such as the "Pocket") but it generates code for the "Inside" circle routine instead?
    You will need to be a little clearer for me.
    What I get is the actual graphic that is on the selected button, 0( for outside or 0) for inside. This occurs on both my computers.
    Removing the G03 gave an bad result, like I said I'm not a programmer.

Now if I could just keep from moving the wrong mouse and typing on the wrong keyboard, the hazards of using 3 computers at one time.

Thanks,
    Fatboy

Downloads
    Uploads

That is the idea...to end up with a toolpath that looks like the button. What kind of results are you looking for?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Shinosky View Post
    Are you possibly referring to the leadins and leadouts? They are supposed to be there. I don't know what you mean by the "graphics". Exactly what kind of output are you expecting? I have run each of the different toolpath types and they do exactly what they should. Huh
    They are Half moon cuts on either the inside of the circle or on the outside of the circle. I would expect just a circular cut, does the code that I posted not show the half moons? If they are lead-ins then why do they cut? My understanding of a lead-in is to position the tool in the correct location to z down and begin a cut. I have the idea that a lead-in is a straight move, but I could be wrong.

Just to be clear, the "On Center", "Pocket", and "Arc" do not have this half moon.

Also, when I run the code the cut starts at the end of the half moon arc and proceeds counteclockwise (G03) until the arc touches the circle and the cut follows the circle around clockwise (G02) to the arc. Then G03 completes the arc. If there are repeat cuts then the z retracts and the whole process is repeated. In other words I get 1-1/2 circles.

This happens on both my computers regardless of settings, plus there isn't a reverse finish cut option. The fact that I haven't read any other posts on this leads me to think that something is not right on my end. This might be a good time to learn about arcs ad quit using wizards as a shortcut.

Sorry to be a pain on the weekend...take the rest of the day off. I really should shup down all my systems till this major thunderstorm passes.

Thanks,
    Fatboy

Downloads
    Uploads

Haha....Yes, the leadins "are" supposed to cut. In this case you would not want the cutter to plunge directly down onto the finished path because the cutter will tend to gouge the profile. The recomended method is to plunge away from the finish profile and then feed into the profile through a gradual arc and then gradually move away at the end of the profile. The other variations are for times when you don't want any leadin/out such as a radial slot. I hope this is clear now.
    Andy

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast