Need Help! Feed Rate FRO% control with potentiometer pedal PLEASE ADVISE

Thread: Feed Rate FRO% control with potentiometer pedal PLEASE ADVISE

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Feed Rate FRO% control with potentiometer pedal PLEASE ADVISE

Hi,

I am building a little bench top turning machine one function is to wind wire or tape around various mandrels. It is nice to be able to control the speed as you start and slow down occasionally.

I program a basic helix in G-code but want to control the feed rate via a knob or ideally a sewing machine pedal that has a headphone jack (12V Potentiometer).

I have seen some stuff about Modbus + an Arduino. I have extensive experience with arduino but the one Modbus explanation I found went way over my head.

Does anyone have a method to suggest for controlling FRO% with a pedal where 0% is foot off pedal and 200% is pedal to metal.

Thank you,
    David