How to have Mach3 use an Auto tool zero location on the table for Zero of tools.

Thread: How to have Mach3 use an Auto tool zero location on the table for Zero of tools.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to have Mach3 use an Auto tool zero location on the table for Zero of tools.

Hi
    At the moment I have a touch plate with a set thickness which I place on my stock and touch it to set the Z zero for my operation. When I change a tool I place the plate again on the material to zero again the next too.

Yet this creates some problems like when material has been removed and now my material top is lower than the original Z height, so I either need to compensate the difference after I zero on the lower height or have a different setup in the cam for the next tool, or some times there is no flat area left to position the plate so I can touch it and I have to position the plate on the table and touch both tools and do calculations to find the correct height etc.

Is there a way to set a touchplate on a fixed location on the table and after I zero my first tool on the part have mach3 touch each next tool on that fixed location and apply the correct Z height on each tool on its own?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: How to have Mach3 use an Auto tool zero location on the table for Zero of tools.

Mach Standard Mill will do what you want. I've been using it for about 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to have Mach3 use an Auto tool zero location on the table for Zero of tools.

Hmm
    Didn't know about this screen set and it seems very interesting. I will spend some time looking into it. I don't feel very comfortable thought replacing my whole screen set but I will consider it. Is there any other way that I can do it on the original mach3 screen set?

Downloads
    Uploads

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Yep
    That is exactly what I am looking for. How can I do this on my mach3? What macro do I need?

Downloads
    Uploads

Gerry sells his 2010 screenset for only $20.00

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

So I need to change my screenset as it seems, right? I cannot do it on the original screenset?

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim,

You may want to contact Gerry "GER21" and ask him if he would sell you just the macro for the tool setter instead of his entire screenset or try contacting the authors of the other videos, there is a possibility that they may share their macro code so that you can use the original Mach3 screenset.

Jeff...

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim,

Take a look at the (6th) sixth post of the attached link:

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...?topic=32948.0

I can't guarantee it works correctly however it may give you some insight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Jim,

Take a look at the (6th) sixth post of the attached link:

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...?topic=32948.0

I can't guarantee it works correctly however it may give you some insight.
    Interesting.
    I will take a look into it too. Thanks!!

Edit: I studied it and from what I understand it doesn't apply offset on the tool but sets the g54 Z zero to the probed height. Correct? It is a little more automated version of what I do at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jimskeet View Post
    So I need to change my screenset as it seems, right? I cannot do it on the original screenset?
    You can do anything you want with the original screenset, if you know what you are doing. This thread should have all the info you need.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mach-w...x-version.html

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Ger21 I will read the thread you mentioned. I hope I will figure out how to do it with the info on it.