Limit Switch Triggered! IS NOT!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limit Switch Triggered! IS NOT!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will tell you right now that optical switches are not immune to noise. That is simply not true. I use the optical switches from Industrial Hobbies and am having the same problem as yall are. IH's solution was to make sure everything is grounded properly, and if that doesnt work, to use a resistor from each input to ground. A 1/4w 100k or 1000k is what they recommend I believe. I will say that the optical switches are just freaking amazingly accurate. And IH's are beautifully made.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pzzamakr1980 View Post
    I will tell you right now that optical switches are not immune to noise. That is simply not true.
    Well in fact they probably are.

However there is more to connecting them up than just the switches. Lots of other opportunity for noise to make it's presence felt between the switch and the software.

Greg

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pzzamakr1980 View Post
    I will tell you right now that optical switches are not immune to noise. That is simply not true. I use the optical switches from Industrial Hobbies and am having the same problem as yall are. IH's solution was to make sure everything is grounded properly, and if that doesnt work, to use a resistor from each input to ground. A 1/4w 100k or 1000k is what they recommend I believe. I will say that the optical switches are just freaking amazingly accurate. And IH's are beautifully made.
    pzzamakr please note I said I didn't know if the statement was correct, but that I would find out. Sounds like you already have. I am curious about the IH switches. I am trying to build my switches now because I couldn't find the IH switches. Are they still available? I looked on their site again last night and could not find them listed???

Mike

No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, just call em. Gene is great and I'm pretty sure he said they were available for purchases seperately from the system. But dont take my word on it. And yes, I should have been more specific, the switches themselves are immune, but since you have to wire them, connect them, etc. etc, they are then not immune.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Chips View Post
    I’m still working on my first project, a Chinese symbol meaning Happiness for a friends wedding. So far it has not been bringing any happiness into my life. But like I said this is my first project and just going through a period working out the bugs.
    Hi, I just saw this posting and simulated your Gcodes. If it is not yet finished, you may want to edit it. The 1st horizontal line should be longer than the 2nd horizontal line. In other words, you reverse the 1st and 2nd line's length. Also, traditionally, you put two of those side by side to mean "Double Happiness" as it means bringing happiness to the 2 families of the couple.

Hope this helps.

Default Re: Limit Switch Triggered! IS NOT!!

+1

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Limit Switch Triggered! IS NOT!!

Hi All,
    Thanks for sorting one problem but I have another, I have tried wiring my limit switches to my Geko 540 one wire to outlet 1 and the other to common but can't get it to work what have I missed??

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12