Problems configuring new Mach3 CNC Controller for mill - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems configuring new Mach3 CNC Controller for mill

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problems configuring new Mach3 CNC Controller for mill

I've got it working!

It did a clean install and followed the instructions directly but ended up in the same place. So I then went through and switched some wires around for example to use the X axis channel to control the Z drivers and motors just to double check the drivers were still working. In doing so I noticed that the strange behaviour on one of the axis with pressing the jog in either direction button resulted in the motor being driven in the same direction regardless. So then that made me suspicious that even though the behaviour was very weird - it could be a wiring problem. There was one wire that had come loose on the X axis driver. So in the end I think it was actually just one or more wiring problems that resulted in some strange behaviour that looked on the face of it like a config. problem.
    Thanks for all of the help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good job!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    no offence intended....but really? I can smell the chop-suey from here. If that craps out you're screwed, whereas Mach, better Mach4 than Mach3, but either are still working and the hardware is being manufactured and supported
    by multiple vendors. I would have thought that after the battle you've had with a cheap Chinese controller already would've put you off chop-suey.

Craig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12