Mach3 on Windows10 and UC100

Thread: Mach3 on Windows10 and UC100

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 on Windows10 and UC100

Hi group,

i installed mach3 on a pc with windows10 and to my surprise it doesn't have the 500 line limit.
    I thought about buying the UC100 adapter to be able to use my cnc. The doubt that assails me is that by connecting the UC100 then Mach3 is automatically limited to 500 lines.
    Anyone have experience with this?
    Thank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 on Windows10 and UC100

Hi,
    the 500 line limit is when Mach3 is in Demo mode or unlicensed, its got nothing to do with the UC100.

There are dozens of fake Chinese made UC100's, and they are not a patch on the real thing.....but its also possible that those same Chinese manufacturers will 'give' you a
    pirate copy of Mach3 which does not not the 500 line limit....ie pirate.

The UC100 has the equivalent of one parallel port of output, ie 17 IO's. Enough for the most basic of machines only.
    A UC400 has two ports (34 IO's), an Ethernet SmoothStepper has three ports (51 IO's) and a UC300 has five ports (85 IO's), and
    these are more suitable for future expansion.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I use Mach4 and an Ethernet SmoothStepper and have done for eight years and Mach3 and a parallel port prior to that.

If this is your first foray into CNC and you have not yet bought a license then get Mach4Hobby. All development on Mach3 ceased eight years ago, and while it still works and has many users,
    it is all but obsolete. Mach4 is light years ahead in my opinion.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the advice brama
    i will try to install mach4 as well, but i guess it will have the same limit as the 500 lines.
    I have seen and read that there are Chinese UC100s that don't work well and in case I will take an original one. At this point I guess with that I shouldn't have any limitations as my mach3 on windows 10 is not limited. Maybe it already had some old license. But if I install it on XP with the same file, it's limited. I have no idea why.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

i will try to install mach4 as well, but i guess it will have the same limit as the 500 lines.
    Mach4 licensing is different. In Demo mode if there is no motion control plugin installed other than Sim which is a simulator that ships with Mach4 there
    is no limit. If, however, you install, not necessarily activate, just install a motion plugin for any real-world motion device then Mach4 will run for six minutes
    before stopping and must be reset, even restarted before it will run again, at least until its licensed.

I would guess you have ended up with a pirate copy of Mach3....there are millions of copies around te internet. With Mach3 fired up look at the name at the very top
    of the screen, if the name is not yours then it's a pirate.

Craig