Mach3 to Output to Clamp

Thread: Mach3 to Output to Clamp

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 to Output to Clamp

Hi. The Mach3 output, which activates a fixture clamp, deactivates with E-stop. I want the workpiece to stay clamped after E-stop. I also need to activate and deactivate clamp with a Macro during operation. Thanks Edward

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ekcourter View Post
    Hi. The Mach3 output, which activates a fixture clamp, deactivates with E-stop. I want the workpiece to stay clamped after E-stop. I also need to activate and deactivate clamp with a Macro during operation. Thanks Edward
    Can you fit a double acting valve so the fixture needs to get a clamp and unclamp signal ? Once clamped the valve spool will stay in the clamped state until the next unclamp signal, after e-stop is reset. You will need two spare M codes to operate these outputs from within a macro. The spare M codes are PLC outputs. You may need to buy the extra M codes including output driven relays and wiring from the OEM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 to Output to Clamp

Quote Originally Posted by ekcourter View Post
    Do you have it wired in the Estop circuit, check how it has been wired??

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 to Output to Clamp

On paper, it appears I can use a mechanical relays normally closed contacts and let the contact spring act as default on/clamped. The SSR could just drive the relay coil. One less output pin. You may also may be able to open rather than close a SSR with an output pin but I don't know how to do this? Thanks all, Edward