Mach 3 Question, How do i resume job when E-Stop was accidentally triggered?

Thread: Mach 3 Question, How do i resume job when E-Stop was accidentally triggered?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach 3 Question, How do i resume job when E-Stop was accidentally triggered?

questions says it all... probably something pressed the e-stop (ESC) button on my keyboard and mid 30 min cut, machine stopped.
    it was painful watching it cut air for good 15-20 mins... lol.

so, assuming that my XYZ zero is still in place, how does one resume job where it left off or a couple lines back?

thanks in advance,

Al

Similar Threads:
    [SIZE="1"]my first..."[B][COLOR="Red"]Big Ape[/COLOR][/B]" CNCRP 2448 [URL="http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_wood_router_project_log/151447-big_apes_crp-2448_build.html"]Build Log[/URL][/SIZE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach 3 Question, How do i resume job when E-Stop was accidentally triggered?

First thing is to rehome your machine. When to do a G1 x0 y0 it should go to your original 0,0 on your last job. If that looks correct you can use the “run from line#” option so find a spot just shortly before the estop was hit. Lower your feedrate and tell it to go. It should be cutting nothing since you already cut just before it stopped and then it should continue where it left off. Most of the time this works perfect

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach 3 Question, How do i resume job when E-Stop was accidentally triggered?

I personally do not trust Mach3 to "run from line" correctly. Whenever the program stops in the middle, I either run it from the beginning, or post a new program without the operations that are already completed.

And yes, you need to make sure the machine did not lose its zero after the e-stop.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    I personally do not trust Mach3 to "run from line" correctly. Whenever the program stops in the middle, I either run it from the beginning, or post a new program without the operations that are already completed.

And yes, you need to make sure the machine did not lose its zero after the e-stop.
    I haven’t had issues with it in the last 10 or so years. Yes if you don’t check the position it moves to prior to the restart, it can cause an issue. But to be honest that’s an operator error.
    Cheers
    Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

-------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by phomann View Post
    I haven’t had issues with it in the last 10 or so years. Yes if you don’t check the position it moves to prior to the restart, it can cause an issue. But to be honest that’s an operator error.
    Cheers
    Peter
    I start from a few lines prior to where it stopped that were cut already. (OR on a prior Z retract move, this is the safest afaic).
    Sometimes the 'run from here' line chosen moves axis to the lines position then moves on to the next line.
    Thinks doing just that move completed the cut.
    So, you might miss out an important one.

That's AFTER checking/re-setting the machines position relative to home of course.

Never had a problem doing it this way.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much for the replies!

so work home should be a spot that won't be cut away eh? lol.

if my memory serves me, i believe it stopped somewhere in line 2400 when E-Stop was triggered.

1) Clear E-Stop

2)Move Z up to safe distance

3) G1 X0 Y0
    it goes to the X0 Y0 of the work?
    does not go down to Z0 (sorry, seems right but just want to be sure)

4) scroll up a couple of lines, say about 2350-ish

5) [RUN FROM HERE] at my selected line

6) [CYCLE START] then pop out window appears
    check XYZ coordinates and Safe Z
    the XYZ coordinates shown, is that the current location or where it's going to?
    what is the safe Z value? how much clearance when moving to position at 2350?

check auto start spindle

[OK]

the machine should move to the location within cut at my selected line?

7) [CYCLE START] to resume cutting from selected line

that bout sounds right?

[SIZE="1"]my first..."[B][COLOR="Red"]Big Ape[/COLOR][/B]" CNCRP 2448 [URL="http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_wood_router_project_log/151447-big_apes_crp-2448_build.html"]Build Log[/URL][/SIZE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    First thing is to rehome your machine. When to do a G1 x0 y0 it should go to your original 0,0 on your last job. If that looks correct you can use the “run from line#” option so find a spot just shortly before the estop was hit. Lower your feedrate and tell it to go. It should be cutting nothing since you already cut just before it stopped and then it should continue where it left off. Most of the time this works perfect

Russ
    Russ, thanks for reply!

so lowering the feedrate is to give me more time to react in case SHTF?
    and i do this from the Feed Rate Overide?

thanks

Al

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
    Thank you very much for the replies!
    2)Move Z up to safe distance
    3) G1 X0 Y0
    it goes to the X0 Y0 of the work?
    does not go down to Z0 (sorry, seems right but just want to be sure)

When we say home we mean the machine coordinates home not just a simple x0 y0.
    Chances are the machines actual position has moved slightly so your job position will be off too.
    If you have home switches then send machine there and it should correct if set properly.
    If you have no switches then find a previously cut drill hole or slot in the program, and use that as a guide.
    Once you are close enough and keyed in the new position into the x, y, dro (if needed), now go back and start where you left off.