mach3 self build laser machine

Thread: mach3 self build laser machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Question mach3 self build laser machine

hello, I'm new here so sorry in advance if some things I do are not correct.

My project is to laser holes out of paper voor pianola playing. Al most everything works just fine but I still got one problem.
    There are rolls of 45 m. My machine is 1m so I have 45 pages then.
    To transport the paper I make a hole in the margin. I can opticaly read it But I don't know how to transport the page with detecting the optical sensor
    My paper is on the A axis with G0 A900 the page moves but not everytime in the exact position.

does anyone has an idea how to do that

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mach3 self build laser machine

I think this is an interesting post. Let me make sure I got it. You have a machine running Mach3 where you need to advance paper, one meter at a time and the roll is 45 meters. You are pulling the paper with an A axis and apply 900 steps so your advancing the paper about 1 mm per step.

The problem is that the pulling mechanism is not accurate and you want to stop the advance at the instant an optical sensor sends a signal…based on marks in the margin of the paper roll?

Is this the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mach3 self build laser machine

You could probably connect the optical sensor to your Mach3 "Digitize" input. Then use the probing command to advance the page, something like "G31 A1000 F100".