Need Help! Mach3, Smoothstepper, Gecko 540: Probe stopped working - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mach3, Smoothstepper, Gecko 540: Probe stopped working

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3, Smoothstepper, Gecko 540: Probe stopped working

@ Mactec54
    Sorry, I didn't answer your question about fixing the grounding issue. I simply went into my 220V outlet housing and added a wire from the ground side of the outlet to the back of its case. This grounded the whole machine and I no longer was getting any voltage across from the enclosure to the gantry and bed.

I removed the wire last week thinking that might have been causing a ground loop and retested. Oddly, I no longer have voltage crossing between the two.
    I'm guessing something else was causing it but I did tighten down every terminal I could see and remember and the problem has gone away.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dean448 View Post
    Do you know what an out of warranty repair for blown G540 inputs will cost? Wonder if it’s just a component on the motherboard that can be replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi,
    The motherboard can be purchased if faulty and replaced, as can each of the four axis drives.

https://www.homanndesigns.com/index....roducts_id=281

Cheers
    Peter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

-------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Didn't know we could purchase the motherboard!
    I'll squirrel that tidbit of information away! Thnx

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Vogavt View Post
    @ Mactec54
    Sorry, I didn't answer your question about fixing the grounding issue. I simply went into my 220V outlet housing and added a wire from the ground side of the outlet to the back of its case. This grounded the whole machine and I no longer was getting any voltage across from the enclosure to the gantry and bed.

I removed the wire last week thinking that might have been causing a ground loop and retested. Oddly, I no longer have voltage crossing between the two.
    I'm guessing something else was causing it but I did tighten down every terminal I could see and remember and the problem has gone away.
    Grounding everything is important you should have one place in your cabinet that all Grounds are connected ( Star Ground ) this can be a stud or best a Ground Buss

So all Ground wires must go to the Ground Buss there is no chance of a Ground loop, your cabinet must be Grounded to the Ground Buss along with everything in your cabinet that has a Ground requirement

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12