Hello!

I'm very new to CNC in general and Mach3. I've found a ton of incredible information online and been mostly able to figure stuff out as I go along thanks to all the great info out there.

However. I've run into an issue I can't figure out.

I recently learned about using the MPG to switch between continuous and step modes. It worked great - set my step to 1mm, pressed a directional key and presto, the spindle quickly moved 1mm in the desired direction.

Then - and I don't know if this is related - I installed a script I found on CNC Nuts to do auto tool height with my z-axis probe. The script ran great and I was able to auto touch off my z-axis.

However, now, when I try to step jog my spindle with the MPG, it moves at glacial pace. For example, if my step is 1mm and previously it would make that move in the blink of an eye, it's now taking more than a second or two. The spindle *is* moving - I measured it - but so slowly that you can't tell by eye.

"Slow jog speed" is at 100%

also, to note, the spindle moves at normal speed when I am in continuous jog mode, or hold shift to override step job mode. It *only* moves slowly when doing a step move.

So what have I done wrong and how do I fix it?

Much thanks for any insight for this wide-eyed newbie.