Newbie No motor movement (PLEASE HELP)

Thread: No motor movement (PLEASE HELP)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default No motor movement (PLEASE HELP)

Hello,

I'm running into some trouble getting my stepper motor to run through Mach 3.
    As of right now I'm just using 1 motor for simplicity in order to get started on my future build. I'm using a DM542T Digital Stepping Driver connected to my NEMA 23 Motor and CNC break out board. The BOB is powered through USB and connected an Ethernet Smoothstepper board via DB 25 Parallel cable to the DB25 to IDC 26 ribbon cable. The ESS is powered by a separate 5V power supply and connected to the computer through ethernet of course. I have an image attached of the wiring schematic that I am using.

As of right now I'm using my 64bit Windows 10 machine to proceed with my testing. I downloaded Mach3 as well as the ESS plugin using the System Configuration Utility for ESS. The ESS seems to be communicating as the ethernet shows two lit LED's. The top LED on the ESS shows solid green and the bottom LED flashes. As a side, I am a bit confused at how the pin 26 jumper situation actually is suppose to work.

I configured the motor outputs in the ports and pins in Mach 3 to match the config shown in the documentation to my breakout board.

Everything seems to be wired and powered correctly. The E-stop reset is pressed and highlit green I However get no movement to the motors when I jog the x axis or run the sample G-Code. The motors are locked however I've tried playing with DIR low and STEP low active on the Ports & Pins. I've messed around with the motor tuning a bit. Nothing I seem to do get the motors to move. I have no Idea what I'm possibly missing. Please help!