Mach3 Configuration of Second Y Axis Motor

Thread: Mach3 Configuration of Second Y Axis Motor

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 Configuration of Second Y Axis Motor

I'm in the process of finishing up my C-Beam XL and I am confused about wiring up my 2nd Y-Axis Stepper Motor. I will be using a Geckodrive G540 and theA-Axis Driver for the Second Y-Axis position.

Should I configure this as a Slaved Drive to the Y-Axis or can I run it as an individual second Y-Axis motor?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Configuration of Second Y Axis Motor

It should be a slave (although that's now considered politically incorrect terminology - the industry has started using "leader" and "follower").https://cdm.link/2020/06/lets-dump-master-slave-terms/

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Configuration of Second Y Axis Motor

Wire is same as the other and with its own driver not dual wired to the same driver. Wire it normally, don't reverse anything. In the software you can set the axis as a slave (normally A or B axis) and set as slave to Y and enter its parameters . That driver/motor (A) will be set as a slave to your Y in Mach to run counter/opposite direction as the other (Y motor). A little searching on the forum will provide instructions for setting up Mach 3. It's a fairly simple process.