New Machine Build Mach3 and PoKeys 57U?

Thread: Mach3 and PoKeys 57U?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 and PoKeys 57U?

Hello,
    I am building a three axis milling machine and a plasmacutter. I am looking for an external controller for Mach3. Does someone
    use successfull an Pokeys 57U or E and Mach3 to control a milling machine.

Thanks
    Hans

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 and PoKeys 57U?

Hi,
    the 57U is USB connected is is too prone to interference, you need the 57E, in fact you really want the 57CNC, it has the same core as the 57E but is optimised
    for use in CNC machines.

Note that all development on Mach3 ceased six years ago, you really should consider Mach4. If you do consider Mach4 then you want an Ethernet SmoothStepper
    by Warp9TD as it is realtime THC capable and is matched with a TMC height controller which has a high bandwidth torch height control function with sophisticated anti-dive features.
    None of the PoKeys Mach4 ready devices(57E,57CNC,57CNCdb25) support realtime THC at all.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Craig,
    many thanks for your answer. You say the 57U is not useable for a plasmacutter. Its possible to use a 57U for a
    three axis milling machine? I have Mach3 with licence and two 57Us from an older project. Its only for hobby-
    metal-working.

Thanks Hans

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    try it and see.

I think the 57U is probably one of the last external motion controllers that still uses USB, all the manufacturers have migrated to Ethernet, and
    for a reason.

If you want to save $200 then stick to Mach3. How much is your plasma table going to cost? A damn sight more than $200 I bet, I personally think
    Mach3 is false economy.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Craig,
    its the first time I will build so a great machine. I am not sure that the machine will working fine. So I want to test the machine
    first ant want to use this controller from my stock. I use Mach3 with Licence and I not have found a Mach4 Forum in German language.

Hans