Need Help! Changed computers

Thread: Changed computers

Default Changed computers

Hello, I need help with my new computer system. Everything was working fine until my other computer crashed and I purchased a new one.
    I have a best VFD and a WXHc Ethernet card. The Ethernet card was just installed about 4 months prior to me having problems with the old computer.
    I have all motors driving in all planes but the spindle will not start up. I had the spindle running for a sec but the rpm was not then it said that if was bumped to minimum settings.
    I know it must be something simple I am not ticking or setting up correctly but for the life of me I am unable to see what it is and desire a new set of eyes to help.

Thanks
    Mike

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Changed computers

Hello.

If the hard drive of your old computer is in working condition I´d suggest you install it in the new one. I think is worth a try.

Regards.

PS: By the way, some software requires to be unistalled first so that it can be installed in a new computer. Could it be posible that yours requires that?

Thanks for the reply. I was able to take the drive out and put into a usb reader. I found an old file on the old drive and was able to use it on the new computer. Now the only thing that doesn't seem to work is, I set the zero and when I run a program or say go to zero it stops at +1.03 above the work piece. I haven't been able to figure out that one yet

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DemBones View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I was able to take the drive out and put into a usb reader. I found an old file on the old drive and was able to use it on the new computer. Now the only thing that doesn't seem to work is, I set the zero and when I run a program or say go to zero it stops at +1.03 above the work piece. I haven't been able to figure out that one yet
    Hello.

I´m glad you could overcome the password problem.

Could it be possible that your program has a "takeoff" setting? When I designed the new software for the retrofitted ROVER 342 I was asked to include such function. I have added it to all my systems since as it proved quite useful.

The idea is that after homing the machine it then moves a little away from the home sensors. That way it is possible to machine parts very close to those sensors without hitting them due to small system inaccuracies like those generated by repeatability. It can also be used to simplify the design of certain parts as the axes HOME coordinate is effectively set at that position.

Does your machine have a homing function or you have to set it to move to coordinates <0,0,0>?

Note: the takeoff for the ROVER 342 is a distance of half the total runpath of the X axis effectively dividing the machine in two so that mirroring parts is easy. For example, Instead of having to design the left and right sides of a furniture you only design one and then mirror the other. I don´t know if the original program can do that.

The link shows the video of my retrofitted machine. The only difference from newer systems is that in that machine after homing the head remains at the mechanical HOME, that is where the HOME sensors are. You have to command it to move to the virtual HOME at the center of the X axis runpath. On the newer systems that is done automatically. Only positive Y axis moves are allowed.

In this video you can also watch the mirror function in action.

Keep me posted.

Regards.

PS: to be able to upload videos or pictures you have to select "GO ADVANCED" under the reply box. There you will find the "Manage Attachments" selection box. There are certain limitations on the size and format for videos but you could reformat them using programs like FORMAT FACTORY. There are even a number of programs that run online.

Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot to mention.

Have you checked the actual position of your Z axis home sensor? Also check if there is anything that might trigger it before actually getting home.

Also, what position does your system report when you home the machine. Does it say +1.03 or 0.00?

Regards.