Mach3 MPG (Specifically WiXHC WHB04BX-6) "Impossible to increase jog rate"??

Thread: Mach3 MPG (Specifically WiXHC WHB04BX-6) "Impossible to increase jog rate"??

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Mach3 MPG (Specifically WiXHC WHB04BX-6) "Impossible to increase jog rate"??

I'm a new amateur user trying to set up my shiny new AlphaCNC AMN-6040-M fixed-gantry CNC router for use in milling prototype parts from 6061-T6.

I ordered the machine with a WHB04B-6 MPG (or 'handwheel' and the post-sales support guy calls it). But they actually shipped the WHB04BX-6 which apparently has a bit less functionality, at least as far as jog rate is concerned. I followed all the nearly incomprehensible translated setup instructions and the MPG basically works. However I can't get the jog rate to go up to a reasonable value.

The problem is that I can set jog rate in Mach3's MPG screen to 100% and jog the machine around at a reasonable rate, but as soon as I power on the handheld MPG the jog rate drops to 10% and it's impossible to increase. The WHB04BX-6 MPG rate dial has three positions: Lead, 0.10, 0.01. The WHB04B-6 has 6 or 7 positions if I recall. The support guy is saying that he contacted WiXHC and they say it's impossible to increase. This can't be, it's just how software interprets the input, right?

I'm pretty newb so apologies in advance if this is a new-user-ignorance issue. I've tried adjusting various settings in the config & plugin setup screens, etc but I just can't figure it out. Does anyone have tips for getting my jog rate up to 100%? Or should I ask for an exchange and probably wait yet another month even if they allow it...

Any suggestions?