Need Help! JCut 6090b setup with Mach3

Thread: JCut 6090b setup with Mach3

Default JCut 6090b setup with Mach3

I recently started trying to set up a JCut 6090b that a friend purchased 3 1/2 years ago. He never used it or set it up. It sat in his wood shop this whole time. Now I have moved it and started trying to get it going. But I'm totally new to everything CNC. I have been able to create file, gcode, and subsequently open and run/simulate the gcode in Mach3. Now, for the machine itself I haven't been so lucky getting it going.

Let me repeat...I'm totally new. But, I'm willing to learn and have been over the last few weeks. I've ready many of the forums and posts on here and other sites. One of the drawbacks for me is not fully knowing the lingo for these machines.

I have reached out to a couple of local guys, but with our schedules being hit and miss it has been hard to connect. Plus, they haven't messed with the JCuts before.

I have none of the original paperwork, manuals, discs, xml files, etc., so it's been a lot of trial and error and reading online while watching YouTube.

Here goes...

The machine itself: Jinan Mini 4 Axis Cnc Router Machine JCUT 6090 With Competitive Price Manufacturers and Factory - Price - Jcut CNC

I have found a plugin that works with the Mach3 motion controller and have been able to get the computer to talk to the machine. However, I'm still trying to figure out the correct port/pins, motor tune, etc. for this particular machine. I haven't really been able to find a helpful wiring diagram to understand where things should go or how to determine manually what the settings should be.

The motion controller light (I believe it says d17) is solid when plugged in, blinks steady when the estop/reset button is pushed in Mach3, and then blinks rapid when jogging machine. I assume this is normal as I haven't found anything about this in my searches.

I have been able to jog the X and Z axis. The X seems extremely slow and the Z moves normal. The Y axis will only move about a 1/4" (6mm) total (either direction) before it acts like it hitting something or is stuck. It is a ball screw trans and I can see the rod turn and then stop. I'm not sure what to search for -- the driver itself, guides stuck on the rails, wiring, etc.

The VFD is a Sunfar e300 and when the machine is powered on it only reads p.off. This is all it has ever read (aside from checking settings). I have checked the settings and they are what I've found posted on here for the same machine.

I have not been able to get the spindle to power on as I prob don't have the settings right or it has to do with something in the VFD.

See attached pics.

If this needs to be in a different forum topic please let me know.

From one who's willing and wanting to learn...

Thanks,
    Kirb

Similar Threads:
      Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
      Uploads

Default Re: JCut 6090b setup with Mach3

1) Post a high res, legible pic of the motion controller.
      2) You should be able to adjust the Velocity settings to change the X axis speed in Config > Motor Tuning.
      3) I'd remove the Y axis motor, and turn the screw by hand, to see if the axis is binding on something.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
      [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
      [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
      [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I upped the speed in motor tuning and in brought it up to speed. I guess once all is working I’ll have to dial it in.

I took the motor off and it is what is binding. However, it works if jogging in slow (non shift) mode or at least less than 100% or in rapid mode if you press button quickly without holding (as to make small incremental steps). If at rapid rate the motor will bind. Can I lube the motor or is it bad?

I added more photos of the motion controller so hopefully they turn out legible.

Also, you can see the wiring for the VFD. I’ll keep searching for how to get Mach3 to turn on the spindle or at least how to get the spindle on. Though I can’t find much on the Sunfar e300 and what the p.off code is for ??

Just an FYI, the power supply says 220 but it was sent from the factory to convert to 110. I’m assuming everything is right with this since the machine powers on and moves.

Making small steps here. Many probs for this noob.

Thanks,
      Kirb

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JCut 6090b setup with Mach3-92594279-1efc-4e7c-922e-eb9a036d44d1-jpg   JCut 6090b setup with Mach3-12e2f566-05db-4d31-8b5e-4cd564120359-jpg   JCut 6090b setup with Mach3-0822757d-8711-4d24-8f64-0422f402063e-jpg   JCut 6090b setup with Mach3-40043ebb-da3e-43e2-a174-e733697f2a2e-jpg  

JCut 6090b setup with Mach3-be2235e0-868d-4ba1-84d5-e67f1742a96a-jpg   JCut 6090b setup with Mach3-590aee16-82d0-4f3b-b037-1410cb51d986-jpg  
      Last edited by Kirb2; 04-18-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Downloads
      Uploads

The motor isn't binding, it's stalling. Try reducing the acceleration by 50%.

Note that the motor is more likely to stall due to resonance when it's not mounted to the machine.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
      [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
      [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
      [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Any guidance or advice on addressing the VFD only reading p.off? Can’t really find anything that really speaks to what is going on there.

Downloads
      Uploads

Hi, if you want to change controller, please contact me. I can offer you all technical support. jason@weihong.com.cn