Newbie Updating Mach3 - I Have Read The Website Instructions.

Thread: Updating Mach3 - I Have Read The Website Instructions.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Updating Mach3 - I Have Read The Website Instructions.

I’m running version 3.043.044 ( I think that’s right ) and I have the latest / last version on a thumb drive.

I just, finally, got this whole thing running pretty good. The only thing is that when I press rewind on this version the torch will move back to the start of the cut. So if the cut stops part way through (due to rust, dirt, slag) I have to run the machine back through the program until it reaches the point where I want to re-establish the cut then hit hold while I let the steel reheat.

On the demo of version 3.043.066, when not running it on the burn table, if I’m running a simulation I can press rewind the simulation will track backward along the cut. So I can quickly move back just a short distance and re-establish the cut.

I want to update but when I change anything it always seems to screw things up and take me ages to get it back to where it was and working again.

The Mach3 web site says to back up XML’s, brains, macros and screensets...... then what do I do? Paste them into the same but updated files? Do I overwrite what is in there when prompted? Some of us out here know enough to get us into trouble but not to get out of it again so explaining to us dullards that we need to put these things back, or only some of these things back might seem simple but necessary.

My XML file has LOADS of files in it but I have 5 profiles to choose from and only one that works correctly?

I’m considering setting up a recovery point on my system just so that when I inevitably screw this all up, I can at least just hit rewind on my system to get it running again.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Updating Mach3 - I Have Read The Website Instructions.

The latest version is now 3.043.062, patched to work with Windows 10

3.043.066 was removed, because it no longer worked in Windows 10.

Yes, you basically just install the new version, and copy the backup files over the existing ones.

The .xml file you want is in the main Mach3 folder, with the same name as your profile.

If you want to get back to your current setup, just copy the entire Mach3 folder, and paste it over the current one.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

ger21 version 066 is the version that is on Newfangled Solutions website when you click 'download Mach3'. It is still there as I got it yesterday just to check. I am using windows XP so, hopefully, this should not be an issue for me. All the versions are still up on the FTP server though.

Thank you for the 'for dummies' explanation. I'm still going to create a restore point because its a good backup to have.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, it's not. It's labeled 3.043. As soon as you start the installer, it says 3.043.062. I just downloaded it and checked.

They used to have 3.043.066, but it was removed and replaced with a patched version a year or so ago.

Not sure where you are getting 3.043.066 from??

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    No, it's not. It's labeled 3.043. As soon as you start the installer, it says 3.043.062. I just downloaded it and checked.

They used to have 3.043.066, but it was removed and replaced with a patched version a year or so ago.

Not sure where you are getting 3.043.066 from??
    My apologies, I stand well and truly corrected. When
    I looked at the properties if the installer it said 066 but I just installed it and it says 062.

I am also happy to report that it works. I had no need to paste anything back into the XML file, it just worked.........first time with no messing about. This is a monumental occasion for me as nothing has been this straight forward! And it now rewinds along the tool path like I want to all is good, for now.