Newbie Machine home altered after play with toolpath viewer while cutting - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Machine home altered after play with toolpath viewer while cutting

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Machine home altered after play with toolpath viewer while cutting

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    The AXBB-E is not only a motion controller, but a high speed breakout board on a single board. So you comparing the price of an apple to oranges.
    With UCCNC it has realtime features like backlash compensation, plasma THC, rigid tapping, thread cutting. I'm using all these features on my machines (except the thread cutting) and all work fine.
    As far as I remember with Mach4 it has backlash compensation, but no THC and no rigid tapping.
    If can't think of any other possible realtime features, but you've mentioned "many more", so please explain what else are you thinking of.
    Mach4 has THC and Rigid Tapping and real-time backlash compensation the video's are good you posted I don't know about the new GUI though Start and Reset Buttons should not be yellow I guess that is easy to change

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    in Mach4 backlash comp, realtime THC and rigid tapping are all realtime operations requiring the support of the motion controller. In many cases Mach4
    has a data entry panel in the GUI to supervise those operations but the actual work is done by the motion controller.

At the current time (22/2/2020) only two Mach4 ready motion controllers support realtime THC, the Ethernet SmoothStepper and the Hicon Integra.
    The same two controllers AND PoKeys 57CNC support backlash comp.

Note that, to my knowledge at least, the CNCDrive boards do not support any of these features in Mach4 but do in Mach3.

Interestingly NFS have released, about six months ago, a totally script based THC feature that does not require the realtime hardware support it once used to require.
    It relies on an 'overload axis'. It still does not have the closed loop bandwidth that a genuine hardware controller has but is still very adequate for all but the most
    dynamic THC situations. To my knowledge it is the only Windows OS CNC software that offers such a solution where previously the buffering nature of Windows OS
    solutions have defeated a software only THC solution.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

This is getting interesting, good information here.
    I'm almost decided for AXBB-E with UCCNC based on what i need and the quality/worthy/price, but still reading.
    I will also upgrade steppers and redo some of the bad wired electronics, i hope machine get a new life with these upgrades

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Mach4 has THC and Rigid Tapping and real-time backlash compensation the video's are good you posted I don't know about the new GUI though Start and Reset Buttons should not be yellow I guess that is easy to change
    Mach4 only has what the 3rd party motion controller supports.
    UCCNC can do all the same, realtime THC, rigid tapping and backlash compensation. I'm using all these features on my machines.

Yes, those buttons are not like that were changed by the guy who made the video. They don't look like that on my installation.

Interestingly NFS have released, about six months ago, a totally script based THC feature that does not require the realtime hardware support it once used to require.
    It relies on an 'overload axis'. It still does not have the closed loop bandwidth that a genuine hardware controller has but is still very adequate for all but the most
    dynamic THC situations. To my knowledge it is the only Windows OS CNC software that offers such a solution where previously the buffering nature of Windows OS
    solutions have defeated a software only THC solution.
    UCCNC has that feature for at least 2 years now, it is called virtual THC. I was talking about it with Andrew from NeuronTHC, they using those functions in their UCCNC THC controller which works with ethernet.

Downloads
    Uploads

UCCNC can do all the same, realtime THC, rigid tapping and backlash compensation. I'm using all these features on my machines.

Yes, those buttons are not like that were changed by the guy who made the video. They don't look like that on my installation.

UCCNC has that feature for at least 2 years now, it is called virtual THC. I was talking about it with Andrew from NeuronTHC, they using those functions in their UCCNC THC controller which works with ethernet.
    Mach4's built in THC Mode (totally independent of the SmoothStepper). This utilizes a PLC to read the tip volts. Mach allows you to change your target tip voltage, and will generate Up and Down Z motion to correct the height.

There are other plugins that can be used in conjunction with the Built in THC the THC is built into the control software and is independent of any other source

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach4 Virtual THC control they have laser as well as Lathe and Mill and much more

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool, here is UCCNC using the NeuronTHC with the mentioned virtual THC control:

Downloads
    Uploads

mactec54: For the Acorn controller, can I use Mach 3/4 or UCCNC? Or am I obliged to use Acorn software with the Acorn board?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12