Newbie New here ,Where to find past posts on Mach3 geting out of Demo mode ?

Thread: New here ,Where to find past posts on Mach3 geting out of Demo mode ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New here ,Where to find past posts on Mach3 geting out of Demo mode ?

Hi everyone and sorry if this is in the wrong place .
    I suck with computers but strong with machanical applications and I am from Puyallup /wa and I build motors for a living and have flow bench’s and multiple dynamometer for motorbikes / AtVs , chainsaw dynos about 7 in all and half I built myself and can help anyone on those topics but I need help with this eBay CNC router . I have worked at buddys machine shop with large CNC mills and have a small understanding of G code and how mills work ( really small compared to most In Here ) and I still own a manual lathe and sold my manual mill.
    I have had a 6040 eBay router /mill for over a year and have spent hours trying to google search and trying to find information and reading threw lots of forum advice seeing if I can make sense of it all.
    I have purchased Mach 3 and after loading the CD it’s in demo mode on two computers that I have loaded it on.
    I have read that it will work in demo mode but I can’t get nothing to work even in demo mode and I know it’s what I am not doing. I have read where people say open Mach 3 in your C drive and just paste the license in that folder but this don’t make since to me. I got a CD and I got a paper saying my order number and user name and license number.
    I get frustrated of hours and hours searching and going in circles then I give up and wait a month or more before I try to chase my tail again.
    I did not get nothing for instructions when I bought the CNC and I am sure that’s normal with theese
    I apologize I know this is a question asked millions of times In here and I did not want to ask for help. so I searched and could not find what I was looking for,so now 2 hours later I down loaded tap talk and this is the first forum I have ever posted In and man even that was a chore until I used tap talk
    Questions are
    1) how to register ( I also emailed newfangled solutions who I purchased it from)
    2) how to set this machine up so it even moves ? Do I also have to set up then phase converter front panel , or do they come set up ?
    If anyone is from my area I pay them to come set this thing up . Or work on thier bike or car for trade eather way I greatly apretiate any help or advice ! A year later and I still can’t even spin any motors on this router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New here ,Where to find past posts on Mach3 geting out of Demo mode ?

Are you saying you installed Mach3 on your computer's C drive, or are you trying to run it from the CD? Did you get an XML file with this CD that's specific to your router? That tells the computer what pins of its parallel port to use to communicate with it; if you don't have the XML file, you have to find out what the "pin-out" is for your machine, and enter those numbers in the appropriate places, and save that profile under a special name. If your computer doesn't have a parallel port, you need another piece of hardware that will adapt your USB or ethernet port to handle communications to the router, if that wasn't included with your machine package.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New here ,Where to find past posts on Mach3 geting out of Demo mode ?

...this may help also, if this is your machine
    https://www.china-cncrouter.com//dow...6433598141.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow thanks for replies I was not expecting and so soon to be honest but greatly apretiated
    I will read all the link tonight and see if that gets me on a path I can follow
    And as for the first reply o am not sure what an ML something file is
    I got a whole Mach 3 cd wich did not just auto load I had to go open files and trust me like I say I am. It a computer wiz unfortunately.
    My CNC router is a new ( year old ) USB driver not the older DB 25 parallel port . I can open up the control box and take pictures of that helps . And thanks for the patients .... I get that fixing things over the messaging is extremely difficult when the guy your trying to help can not provide correct is full information.
    I’m not in front of my mill but later tonight I will write down what files types I see in the cd that I loaded into my hard drive
    I loaded the Cd on to two separate computers and both loaded in demo mode but I am thinking about deleting and starting over in case I missed something important
    I am also going to read threw the link later tonight that’s been posted and get back with both of you . And I do apretiate the help and sorry for my lack of knowledge here. Is almost embarrassing that I can’t get this to do a darn thing
    Also I don’t need to know any pin out of its data is sent USB correct ??

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by F-N-FAST View Post
    I got a whole Mach 3 cd which did not just auto load I had to go open files and trust me like I say I am.
    There is a way to show us exactly where you have problems Installing the software each step by using the "Print Screen" Button on your keyboard. This will help troubleshoot in the future too
    https://www.google.com/search?client...ttuon+to+Paste

New here ,Where to find past posts on Mach3 geting out of Demo mode ?-paste-paint-screen-jpg

Last edited by machinehop5; 02-08-2020 at 05:30 AM. Reason: added screen shot

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks yes looks easy to copy the screen . I am realy new to even forums and the forum I am on my phone so I guess o could just also take a picture of my computer screen?
    But I finally did get out of demo mode with everyone’s help and links they provided . My issue was me ! I was copying the folder that had the Mach3 file in it , I needed to open the folder wich only had the license inside and then copy the actual license file over to my Mach3 file. Seems simple and I made it hard.
    Now I have to figure out all the wiring on my mill because the eBay seller could not provide any of that . They only set an email download that would never open and they told me it only worked on Windows 7 and thier sales add even stated that, so until I got a computer with Windows 7 she could not help me. And that’s why later on I just purchased a Genuine copy of Mach 3 and trying to get it to work on widows 10.
    I think I can figure out all the wires and pin locations just fine tracing them out but is there any links on how to set up the VFD anywhere ? I know my motor is 400hz and 1.5 kw but not much else.
    Thanks and I appreciate the patients. since what others take for granite and easy for them ,is very new to me. I learn much better by watching someone then by reading about it.
    Thanks
    Frank

Downloads
    Uploads

Update :I have gotten my XYZ all to work and I can control spindle with the VFD but I can not for life of me yet get my computer to control the spindle
    I don’t know how to add links here but if anyone reads this and also needs help with software out of demo mode or to get this style machine parameters set then I can give you all the links I have found and email my set up file to you personally
    Thank you everyone who has responded
    Frank