Wierd Anomaly with Post to Mach3

Thread: Wierd Anomaly with Post to Mach3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wierd Anomaly with Post to Mach3

So i'm new to CNC and am trying to pick it all up (there's soooo much to soak in). So I've built a basic part in Solidworks, worked it through Camworks and have it to where the toolpath is generated and the simulation removed material like I want it to. It is a piece of round bar stock, 1" dia and removing .1" down to .9" all the way around. I send it through post and save the Gcode, load it in to Mach3 and what I get are two circles, one inside the other, and not symmetrical either, but bounded together on one side. The dimensions aren't the same and it's trying to mill both the small circle and the big circle all the way to the bottom....not sure why this is happening?!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wierd Anomaly with Post to Mach3-contour-mill1-jpg   Wierd Anomaly with Post to Mach3-1118190045-jpg  

Default Re: Wierd Anomaly with Post to Mach3

Attached the posted g-code here is probably the best way to get started looking at this.

There's a fair chance Camworks isn't posting correctly for Mach.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's the Gcode

Attached Files Attached Files

Well, all those N lines stand out to me. Is there an option to remove those in your post? Or even just remove them manually as the code is really short.

Downloads
    Uploads

No idea, I guess I can remove them manually if it helps.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Give that a shot and see if it simulates better.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah as soon as I uploaded it I tried it and it's the same. On another note, I made another part where it would be milling a 3x3x.25" pocket out of a 4" piece of square stock and it worked just fine actually...so i'm thinking it's got to be something that's wrong with the way it defines arcs? Specifically external arcs? (milling the outer side of a round bar instead of the inside of a bar).

I opened it in both UCCNC and Mach3 and i get the same results you are getting in Mach3. The toolpath however looks fine in in UCCNC (photo below). Mach3 does some weird stuff sometimes, but nothing is standing out to me in your code.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wierd Anomaly with Post to Mach3-capture-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach3 has settings that deal with circles. Those settings have to coordinate with similar parameters in the post processor. I can't tell you how to alter the post precessor, i haven't figured it out, it's too complicated.

I suggest going into Mach3>Config>General Config> and play with Distance Mode and IJ Mode.