mach3 and lathe

Thread: mach3 and lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default mach3 and lathe

Hi there

Is it wise or is it possible to use mach3 as a controller for a Lathe CNC 2 axis machine?

also can I use artcam in order to generate code for my lathe machine? if you have a better cad/cam recommendation please let me know.

I am familiar with Powermill and MasterCam, but I prefer artcam since it is easier and more versatile software.

I should say that I have very little experience with Lathe machines and programming for them.

Regards
    jhonansaro

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mach3 and lathe

For a new machine or upgrade, I would not use Mach 3. Go with Mach 4. I don't know ArtCam.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mach3 and lathe

Hi max

Thanks for the reply.

i know that I should use Mach3 or mach4 turn profile for turning, and I think lathe is similar to turning, but there are few things that I do not understand, for example

in Turn I can control Step down of my spindle in order to control my Z movement, other wise one usually uses few Passes in order to cut the work piece, Do we have similar

thing in lathe in order to control the the X movement of My Cutter? Or it basically follows along my pattern of X axis with steady speed along of my Z Axis?

Regards