Newbie ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??

Thread: ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??

Hello All,
    I am having issues with my new ACUT-6090 machine I just received from China. I am new to the CNC world but I have been using 3d printers for a few years and also went to school for carpentry. They had a cnc machine there but never taught us anything on it.
    They included 2 cd's with many files for different setups and they also had video to show how to install mach3. But they did not show how to set up the parameters. I have it running on a windows 10 machine hooked up to the USB. I also installed on my old windows xp desktop and it runs the same way.

I did exactly as it said on the video and I have Z and Y axis working correctly. X-axis jog button moves the rotary (4th Axis) and the 4th axis button moves nothing.

I also have instruction manuals for the Mach3 motion card, but all the information was pretty generic and it didn't look like my system was wired the same way as was stated in the manual. It mostly applied to the pin inputs and outputs but mine aren't hooked up. (check the photo)
    The Mach3 motion USB card I have is the MKX-IV. (check photo)
    I noticed that the motion card doesn't have the A-axis output hooked up (but the rotary axis moves and I have 4 drivers)?

Also noticed that the wiring on the x axis driver had 2 wires switched.
    The correct wiring (Since y and Z and working)
    G
    Y
    R
    YY

G*
    R*
    Y
    B
    R
    B

But X-axis is wired
    G
    Y
    R
    YY

R*
    G*
    Y
    B
    R
    B

So I switched the red and green wires like the other ones but it didn't change anything.

I don't know where to even start to make changes. Please look at the photos and ask anything to help me troubleshoot this issue.

I have been trying to work with the company I purchased from, Jinan Jinshike CNC Equipment. I received a good machine for the price but every question I have asked has been responded to with a manual or video that were already on the cd's that came with the machine(and no answered questions). They don't seem to respond unless you email them a second time. It is very frustrating as I have gone almost 2 weeks without hearing from them after my last email. I sent a reminder email last night but I don't have much hope for a helpful response.

Anyone who knows anything about a 4-Axis machine using MACH3 connected by USB to a MKX-IV motion control card... Please Help..

Thank You.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??-img_0837-jpg   ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??-img_0889-jpg   ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??-img_0885-jpg   ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??-img_0981-jpg  

ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??-img_0972-jpg   ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??-img_0881-jpg   ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??-img_0894-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??

There is no rotory hooked up to the controller so it is wired wrong. Follow the wires coming from the x and see if they plug into the X driver. The four wires going to the motors are two pairs. I has to be a-a+ to one coil of the stepper and b-b+ to the other coil. If those are crossed it won't move. If one pair of wires is reversed it will run the opposite direction. Something is hooked up to the input of the rotary driver, but it's not hooked up to the controller A ouput that probably should have been used for that.
    Where are you located?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ACUT-6090 X-axis moves Rotary Axis??

I heard back from the Chinese company and they didn't answer my questions. They did tell me that the switch at the top turns off the 4th rotary axis. The machine has an e-stop, a turn switch that has On/Off and a push button power switch. I thought the turn switch was just to turn the machine on like a key to a large machine. When I turn the switch it also activates the other relay. So it's doing something. I also checked to see if there was power going to the X-axis and there is (there is power when the turn switch is on and off.). But I get no movement.
    So I'm assuming the machine is wired to use the turn switch with the relays as a way of going from 3 axis to 4th rotary axis.
    You wanted me to follow the wires coming from X. Do you mean the wires from X-axis motor to the X-axis driver or the x axis driver to the x output on the mkx-iv usb control card? I followed from driver to the motor and the only issue I see is the red and green (A+,A-) wires are opposite like I wrote above. The other thing is that the x-axis stepper motor is an older or newer model then the other 3 motors as it has a different label on it. Could it be a bad motor?
    Thanks for the help

I'm from Minnesota.