Need Help! PC does not detect CNC machine when connected

Thread: PC does not detect CNC machine when connected

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PC does not detect CNC machine when connected

Hello,

I have recently received my CNC Router machine from OMNI. I have connected the machine to my PC via USB cable and the computer/mach3 does not detect it. Zach from OMNI told me there is no need to download a driver or plugin and basically tells me that I should be able to simply plug and play without any drivers or configuration. I'm not sure if it matters but I am running Windows 10. If anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PC does not detect CNC machine when connected

I was able to find the correct driver and got my machine running on all axes so I no longer need assistance with this issue. I do have another question though if anyone can give it some consideration. I'm unable to control the spindle/VFD through Mach3. The VFD is on and displays info on the screen but it doesn't seem to display RPM or control the spindle. I can provide pictures and/or additional information if it helps. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PC does not detect CNC machine when connected

Some VFDs have a parameter setting that selects where they get their commands from - front panel; MODBUS, external potentiometer, relay contacts, and/or 0-10v input.

Look in your owners manual for the VFD to find this. If the machine did not come with the VFD manual; you may be able to find it online by googling for the VFD's manufacturer and model number.