Need some advice hit a dead end

Thread: Need some advice hit a dead end

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need some advice hit a dead end

I recently built my first cnc router it turned out great. I loaded and configured mach3 software and configured it without to much problem . So I was making some of my first cuts when some how my power to everything was temporarily dis connected causing everything to shut down I mean right when my cnc was moving . So I fixed power isue won't be having that problem again and went to boot back up and my system would not make it through boot up nomater what I tryed . So ive pushed it aside and have gone through 3 more old systems and can NOT get my machine to move again . All the lights on motors and drivers are lit and the same as before I get the classic shashunck sound when booting and turning on as before but no movement I've tryed everything I can think of . I need to know what's the next step. Also want to add it appears to be that the parallel port driver is not loading as it did on first system also all I could get my hand on was a system running win8 is that a problem? Also is there a way to test the driver or manually load it? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need some advice hit a dead end

If you go into BIOS and check the LPT ports, does it find a parallel port running in EPP mode? If not, can you switch it to EPP? If you can't find a computer with a working parallel port, it might be time to look into alternatives. The UC100 from CNC4PC lets you use a USB port to control your router. The Smoothstepper from Warp9 lets you use the ethernet port instead of the parallel port. There are others as well; perhaps those with experience using them can chime in with more recommendations.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need some advice hit a dead end

I switched to an ESS with the latest driver, and have never looked back.

Cheers
    Roger