Help! PVC Letters Curve not right

Thread: Help! PVC Letters Curve not right

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help! PVC Letters Curve not right

I have Mach3 running in a computer with windows 7 and a UC100 adapter for USB to the db25 pin on the router
    I use to the CNC to cut PVC letters, my problem is that the on the some part of the letter where a curve is it just go strait
    Help! PVC Letters Curve not right-letra1-jpgHelp! PVC Letters Curve not right-letra1-jpgHelp! PVC Letters Curve not right-letra1-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help! PVC Letters Curve not right-img_1613-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help! PVC Letters Curve not right

We KNOW that Mach3 can do that, so I suspect your problem is backlash in the Y axis.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Is this a homemade router you designed or a commercial built model? It could be a number of things, have you used it before and it was fine or is this your first project?

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rcs1010 View Post
    I have Mach3 running in a computer with windows 7 and a UC100 adapter for USB to the db25 pin on the router
    I use to the CNC to cut PVC letters, my problem is that the on the some part of the letter where a curve is it just go strait
    Help! PVC Letters Curve not right-letra1-jpgHelp! PVC Letters Curve not right-letra1-jpgHelp! PVC Letters Curve not right-letra1-jpg
    The first thing to do is to check the drawing as most fonts use sort straight lines, I redraw the font using a radius where the straight lines are, or find another font that has the look you want if you can't redraw it

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

The first thing to do is to check the drawing as most fonts use sort straight lines,
    Very good point! Especially if the original outlines were for a smaller size.

The thing to do would be to try carving a real circle, using G2/G3 commands.

Cheers
    Roger