How to assign multiple E-stop pins. Mach3/ESS

Thread: How to assign multiple E-stop pins. Mach3/ESS

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to assign multiple E-stop pins. Mach3/ESS

I have 3 servo drives that output an alarm signal when the drive faults. I would like to use these signals to E-stop Mach3. Currently the E-stop is port 1 pin 15 of the ESS. If possible I would like to also use port 3 pins 4, 5, and 6 as the drive fault inputs to E-stop the machine instead of jamming all the wires into one terminal or creating another physical BOB to tie all of the various signals that trigger an E-stop into one input pin. I started playing with brains but didn't get far before wondering if that was the correct or best way to do it.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    warmachinellc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to assign multiple E-stop pins. Mach3/ESS

OK I figured it out. Not sure if it's the best way but I setup a brain where I assign port 3 pins 10,11, and 12 on the ESS to input1, input2, and input3 in Mach then use those to drive an e-stop if triggered. Note I had to use those dedicated inputs in the ESS as the I/O ports 4,5, and 6 did not behave reliably.

How to assign multiple E-stop pins. Mach3/ESS-20190607_122334-jpg

warmachinellc.com