Mach3 - ESS smooth stepper - Huanyang Chinese VFD - Mach 3 e-stopping??? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Mach3 - ESS smooth stepper - Huanyang Chinese VFD - Mach 3 e-stopping???

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 - ESS smooth stepper - Huanyang Chinese VFD - Mach 3 e-stopping???

Nice job on the Insulating common sense cover for the filter. Glad we could help, and your scope like mine helped finalize the job insuring there were no more issues

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

ericks

Default Re: Mach3 - ESS smooth stepper - Huanyang Chinese VFD - Mach 3 e-stopping???

Chris i am glad you got it sorted....hope it goes well from here

Downloads
    Uploads

A bit more information that may help others...

There was a bit of discussion as to how to ground shields and star grounding etc. I do not wish to continue that discussion or further debate on either side of right or wrong, however, I did take a few photos of how I have seen this done on high-end CNC equipment. These photos are from a Japanese built 5 axes CNC machine.

STAR GROUNDING -- often this is explained as a bolt or stud on the side of an electrical cabinet and ALL wires somehow magically stacked up on that single lug. This is the same principle but far more practical and certainly a lot more practical to implement.
    Mach3 - ESS smooth stepper - Huanyang Chinese VFD - Mach 3 e-stopping???-grounding-jpg

As you will quickly recognize in this photo, this machine uses a FANUC control. These cables are servo and encoder cables. Notice the "grounding bar" for the shielding and how the clamps press against the shield. Also of note is how the insulation is cut away in the "middle" of the cable for the grounding and yet allows for the shield to continue to the connector (end) of the cable. I thought that this was very interesting. This style of shield grounding has been used in many different industrial CNC machines over the years that I have been working on.
    Mach3 - ESS smooth stepper - Huanyang Chinese VFD - Mach 3 e-stopping???-shield-ground-jpg
    Mach3 - ESS smooth stepper - Huanyang Chinese VFD - Mach 3 e-stopping???-shield-ground-detail-jpg

Just thought that these examples of star grounding and shield grounding could be useful to others.

Chris D.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
    A bit more information that may help others...

There was a bit of discussion as to how to ground shields and star grounding etc. I do not wish to continue that discussion or further debate on either side of right or wrong, however, I did take a few photos of how I have seen this done on high-end CNC equipment. These photos are from a Japanese built 5 axes CNC machine.

STAR GROUNDING -- often this is explained as a bolt or stud on the side of an electrical cabinet and ALL wires somehow magically stacked up on that single lug. This is the same principle but far more practical and certainly a lot more practical to implement.
    Mach3 - ESS smooth stepper - Huanyang Chinese VFD - Mach 3 e-stopping???-grounding-jpg

As you will quickly recognize in this photo, this machine uses a FANUC control. These cables are servo and encoder cables. Notice the "grounding bar" for the shielding and how the clamps press against the shield. Also of note is how the insulation is cut away in the "middle" of the cable for the grounding and yet allows for the shield to continue to the connector (end) of the cable. I thought that this was very interesting. This style of shield grounding has been used in many different industrial CNC machines over the years that I have been working on.
    Mach3 - ESS smooth stepper - Huanyang Chinese VFD - Mach 3 e-stopping???-shield-ground-jpg
    Mach3 - ESS smooth stepper - Huanyang Chinese VFD - Mach 3 e-stopping???-shield-ground-detail-jpg

Just thought that these examples of star grounding and shield grounding could be useful to others.

Chris D.
    That's exactly the same way as I tell everyone to do it, and it is the correct way it should be done, they are using a Ground Bus which is there Star Ground Point, Shield clamps come in different forms this is just one way with this type of clamp for Shields

Mactec54

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345