Can I reduce acceleration of axis lower than what mach3 allows? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I reduce acceleration of axis lower than what mach3 allows?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can I reduce acceleration of axis lower than what mach3 allows?

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnSjoblom View Post
    Great, that's good to know and probably the best solution since I can set the mill turn spindle velocity to it's actual max velocity instead of just putting in 24k yo match the main spindle.

Here's another thing that's funny, a few days ago I ordered a braking resistor since I figured it would probably at least help the drive handle quick deceleration. Apparently it does and also helps with acceleration as well. I just wired it up and now I can ramp up and down from 0-3k rpm with a half second ramp no problem lol. Just cycled it up and down like 20 times without a single fault. without the resistor it would fault most of the time on ramp up and all the time on ramp down. Looks like now I can just leave it on crazy ramp speed. I guess why not. As a mill turn spindle, quick ramping will save cycle time since it switches back and forth from turning to indexing. I'm really surprised it handles it now. Half a second is pretty crazy. I guess it might be hard on the belt to leave it this way
    Breaking Resistors have a habit of working like that, this is what they are used for, anything that has / needs high deceleration rates needs a braking resistor more so because of the high inertia you have, not so much on the acceleration but may help if it is part of the acceleration circuit, the way the Braking Circuit is designed it is normally only affective on the deceleration side, but for a servo drive like this knowing the designer of these drives he most likely covered all possible situation's

Your Mill spindle will benefit from a braking resistor also if your VFD Drive supports the use of one some of the cheaper VFD Drives don't have all the internal electronics parts needed

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Breaking Resistors have a habit of working like that, this is what they are used for, anything that has / needs high deceleration rates needs a braking resistor more so because of the high inertia you have, not so much on the acceleration but may help if it is part of the acceleration circuit, the way the Braking Circuit is designed it is normally only affective on the deceleration side, but for a servo drive like this knowing the designer of these drives he most likely covered all possible situation's

Your Mill spindle will benefit from a braking resistor also if your VFD Drive supports the use of one some of the cheaper VFD Drives don't have all the internal electronics parts needed
    I'm pretty sure my vfd allows it. Until now I kind of assumed breaking resistors were more expensive than what they are, so I never really considered using one. Now that I know i can get one for 20 bucks, I'll probably add one to the vfd as well so I can increase the deccel and save some more cycle time. I imagine it's also easier on the vfd

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm pretty sure my vfd allows it. Until now I kind of assumed breaking resistors were more expensive than what they are, so I never really considered using one. Now that I know i can get one for 20 bucks, I'll probably add one to the vfd as well so I can increase the deccel and save some more cycle time. I imagine it's also easier on the vfd
    What VFD do you have if you have a regular HY then no it will not support a braking resistor, most other VFD Drive manufactures work though,there are some parameters to set to get them to work effectively

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What VFD do you have if you have a regular HY then no it will not support a braking resistor, most other VFD Drive manufactures work though,there are some parameters to set to get them to work effectively
    Yes it's the HY, So i guess not then. No big deal, it ramps down in about 2 seconds.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it's the HY, So i guess not then. No big deal, it ramps down in about 2 seconds.
    They can be ordered Braking Resistor ready, so you will know for next time if the drive fails 2seconds is good most stick to around 3 seconds for the HY

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12