Need Help! Gecko G540 + SmoothStepper with mach4

Thread: Gecko G540 + SmoothStepper with mach4

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gecko G540 + SmoothStepper with mach4

Hi, I've been trying to setup a CNC router with Mach4 , It was previously being controlled with a gecko g540 and Linuxcnc But now I'm trying to set it up with a Ethernet smoothstepper + g540 and Mach 4 on Windows 10 . When I power the system the motors lock like normal and when I load a gcode and click cycle start the motors start making noise as if running the code but they don't move . Any help would be appreciated

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gecko G540 + SmoothStepper with mach4-1-jpg   Gecko G540 + SmoothStepper with mach4-2-jpg   Gecko G540 + SmoothStepper with mach4-3-jpg   Gecko G540 + SmoothStepper with mach4-4-jpg  

Gecko G540 + SmoothStepper with mach4-5-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gecko G540 + SmoothStepper with mach4

I'm not familiar with your controllers but it sounds like your steppers are stalling.
    Try lowering the acceleration in the motor configuration. If that works, work your way up again to find where they begin to stall and stay well below that acceleration level.
    If they start moving but only a little bit you may need to lower your velocity.

If you have a problem with velocity or acceleration it might be easier to isolate the problem by jogging the axes manually.