Problem Odd, mach3 stops in the middle of a job, but motor restarts and crashes into limit.

Thread: Odd, mach3 stops in the middle of a job, but motor restarts and crashes into limit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Odd, mach3 stops in the middle of a job, but motor restarts and crashes into limit.

Hi guys, I got a problem. My mach3 seems to be working fine most of the time. But sometimes things like this happen: in the middle of a job today, only the X stepper was active and engraving a line along X; Mach3 and the X stepper suddenly stopped for seme seconds, let's say around 4 seconds. Then the X stepper (but not mach3) restarted it's job but it didn't stop at the end of the line and crashed into the limit switch. Mach3 however was still blocked at the coordinates at which the stepper stopped the first time. I can say that from the cross indicator in the tool path window.

Any idea what this might be due to?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Odd, mach3 stops in the middle of a job, but motor restarts and crashes into limi

Are you using the parallel port?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Odd, mach3 stops in the middle of a job, but motor restarts and crashes into limi

no, usb! it's a 6040 chinese engraving machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I maybe found the problem, there were a few windows options for the usb port in windows power management. I deactivated all "sleep" functions and similar. Now it seems to go well. But can't really be sure about that until I see I can manage many jobs without anymore problems.