motors Y-axis not running in sync - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motors Y-axis not running in sync

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: motors Y-axis not running in sync

Quote Originally Posted by cruz03 View Post
    Yes, I now have 25000 steps/rev.
    I thought I would need less steps with a 5 to 1 reduction. Because with then you can turn the shaft with less steps.
    Or I'm completely wrong there?
    That's why I tried it first with 5000 steps/ rev (25000:5=5000).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk
    Tt depends which way the ratio was if it was ( 5 ) turns of the motor and ( 1 ) turn of the ballscrew or pinion, then you would of needed ( 5 x ) more steps/per, if it was the other way round then like ( 1 ) turn of the motor to ( 5 ) turns of the Ballscrew or pinion then you would of ( divided by 5 ) the number of steps per needed

Is that what you have in Mach3 step/per setting 25000

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Tt depends which way the ratio was if it was ( 5 ) turns of the motor and ( 1 ) turn of the ballscrew or pinion, then you would of needed ( 5 x ) more steps/per, if it was the other way round then like ( 1 ) turn of the motor to ( 5 ) turns of the Ballscrew or pinion then you would of ( divided by 5 ) the number of steps per needed

Is that what you have in Mach3 step/per setting 25000
    well the reduction that i have now is 5 to 1, if you give it 100 rpms it gives 20 rmps out.
    so with what you're saying, i would then need alot more steps/rev then the drivers can give.

i think i'm gonna abandon the gear reduction, and try those inertia dampners.

Downloads
    Uploads

well the reduction that i have now is 5 to 1, if you give it 100 rpms it gives 20 rmps out.
    so with what you're saying, i would then need alot more steps/rev then the drivers can give.

i think i'm gonna abandon the gear reduction, and try those inertia dampners.
    So the Gear boxes should work fine you just have to set up Mach3 steps/per and not the drives, what is in your drive is micro steps settings, not the steps/ per for your machine settings to different things, if you change the micro steps then yes you will have to change the steps/per in Mach3

So it has nothing to do with your drives they should be set at a number and left alone, the steps/per rev then have to be set in Mach3 for each axes Mach3 is the only place that you have to setup the step/per rev I think this is where it got messed up, so just set the micro steps in your drive and then set the steps per rev in Mach3 and you will be good to go

It looked like you had the steps per in Mach3 set at 100 if so then that would change to 500 if you put the gearboxes on

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

oke, but when i did that and i calibrated the axis in mach3 i got the twisting problem.
    when i put the gear reductions in, i tried it first with the original drivers setting.
    then i calibrated the axis in mach3 (settings page) and the "steps per" value mach3 gave caused the twisting of the gantry.
    if i lower the "steps per" value or the velocity the problem goes away.
    i then also tried other settings for the drivers (i went as low as 400 for the drivers).
    but nothing worked, everytime i used the value giving by mach3 the problem was there.

Downloads
    Uploads

oke, but when i did that and i calibrated the axis in mach3 i got the twisting problem.
    when i put the gear reductions in, i tried it first with the original drivers setting.
    then i calibrated the axis in mach3 (settings page) and the "steps per" value mach3 gave caused the twisting of the gantry.
    if i lower the "steps per" value or the velocity the problem goes away.
    i then also tried other settings for the drivers (i went as low as 400 for the drivers).
    but nothing worked, everytime i used the value giving by mach3 the problem was there.
    What is the name manufacture of the drives you have and part number?? you may have set one of the drive different from the other that would cause the twisting

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What is the name manufacture of the drives you have and part number?? you may have set one of the drive different from the other that would cause the twisting
    the drivers are all the same: ACT DM860 finest what china has to offer...
    all the dip switches are set the same for the 2 drivers from the Y-axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

the drivers are all the same: ACT DM860 finest what china has to offer...
    all the dip switches are set the same for the 2 drivers from the Y-axis.
    Ok that is as I said micro steps settings that you have with your drive settings all your drives should be set the same and then you only do the steps/per in Mach3 this would be your only place to adjustment the steps per

If you change the micro steps in the Drive then you will have to recalculate the Steps/Per in Mach3 to get your exact axes movement

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12